Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law

Divorce & Family Law This forum is for discussing any of the legal issues involved in your divorce.

Closed Thread

Old 02-13-2008, 03:16 PM

Kimberley is on a distinguished road
Default Address search to serve papers!

I think my brain finally melted.

I had been searching & trying to figure out how to find the ex's address to file court papers to no avail, it seems that even the crown attorney's office does not have an updated address (at least it wasn't in the file), of course now they are double checking this, because if the information hasn't been updated with the courts, nor the police department, the ex's live-in girlfriend who is up on assault charges has broken the requirements of her court orders (pity...)
Anywho, so I knew who lived at the place he moved to back in 2004, so I set out to find archived phone books - amazingly libraries are not keeping archives much anymore, how shocking is that.
I tried Bell Canada, I was given a directory number to call, but that one only led to the yellow pages directories, and not a 'people search'! UGH
Then I thought about it more, and I know that the ones who lived at the location have an animal breeding business, so I found the website (which of course contained the newer address).
Off to the internet time machine! I love that toy with a passion. I put their 'about us' web link into the time machine & as luck had it, there were 4 listings of webpage updates for 2004 & there on the bottom of the historical cached page was the previous address!
Sometimes I wonder what I'll think of next.

Just call me a happy gal today
Old 02-14-2008, 02:13 PM

Heart-broken dad is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewsKim
...the ex's live-in girlfriend who is up on assault charges has broken the requirements of her court orders (pity...)...
okay, that didn't sound very sincere. ;-)
Old 02-14-2008, 10:59 PM

Kimberley is on a distinguished road

Can't fault a girl for trying.. *cough*
Closed Thread