Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law

Divorce & Family Law This forum is for discussing any of the legal issues involved in your divorce.

Old 09-08-2013, 04:13 PM

Summer13 is on a distinguished road
Default Ex threaten to call Police

So it's Sunday and I've had the girls for the weekend. I sent the ex a pleasant text saying the girls will be ready for her at my place for 8:30 and she is saying if they are not at the Tim Hortons she will call the police.

Should I give in to her demands or stick to my guns?? She transports her youngest for baby daddy #3 why is it that I have to be the taxi.

One does it 1 way the other, the other way. No??
Old 09-08-2013, 04:45 PM

blinkandimgone is a jewel in the roughblinkandimgone is a jewel in the roughblinkandimgone is a jewel in the rough

What's in your agreement?
Old 09-08-2013, 05:23 PM

BitHunter is on a distinguished road

Is there a criminal offense "not taking the kid to tim hortons for exchange"??
Old 09-08-2013, 05:23 PM

Mess is a jewel in the roughMess is a jewel in the roughMess is a jewel in the roughMess is a jewel in the rough

I wouldn't want my ex anywhere near my home. I would need to fumigate and take a dozen showers. Tim Horton's all the way!
Old 09-08-2013, 05:27 PM

Hahah. Thanks guys. I'll stick to my guns in a positive and pleasant manner since there is nothing in our temp order stating otherwise.

@Mess - lmao!!!
Old 09-08-2013, 05:53 PM

mcdreamy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
She said she couldn't do half-and-half with me because she has a baby at home (not my child). I agreed to try and keep things ciil. Once she moved, Pick ups and drop offs were changed to a Tim Hortons near her old place, i was fine with that.
^^ you said this less than a week ago.
What's changed that makes you think meeting at Tim Horton's isn't ok now? And exactly how do you think your actions this evening are going to help the civility between your two households moving forward?

I mean, really -- you just thought this change up and decided to send a text, 2 hours before pickup?
Old 09-08-2013, 05:56 PM

No. If u read the rest of that post you would see that she changed it and I am now required to pick up the children from her place.

She is no longer willing to meet me at the Tim Hortons to pick up the children. But expects me to drop them back off there.
Old 09-08-2013, 06:25 PM

wretchedotis is on a distinguished road

Dood. I face the same. The EASIER path is just to do it when you can.

Sometimes, it`s impossible - so you fall back to the greement`.

Play along to get along can be a very good strategy.

edit:

And you keep a record of each and every time you acquiesce from the agreement. You use it (come court - if needed) to show how compromising you have been. "Anything for the child(s), Your Honour." That's your attitude. No bitching and complaining that you made the sacrifice. It is what it is.

Last edited by wretchedotis; 09-08-2013 at 06:30 PM. Reason: edit:
Old 09-08-2013, 07:04 PM

Rioe will become famous soon enough

How about a simple super-chipper "Oh, since I had to pick them up at your place, I thought we were done with the Tim Horton's arrangement. I will return to bringing them there, and expect that to be the pickup place for me as well again. Thanks!"

On the other hand, if there's no written arrangement for the Timmies, then what does she expect the police to do? She calls them, they call you, you say "Yes, officer, I've had them here ready for her to pick them up for an hour now, but she hasn't arrived."

How much do you want to escalate conflict? How fragile are your arrangements? How many of these arguments about location do you have in writing to use in court later to demonstrate she is being unreasonable?
Old 09-08-2013, 07:13 PM

Well we are currently in court. I meet with my lawyer on Wednesday. My lawyer said absolutely this is reasonable. The X is so controlling and spiteful and even tho the cops won't do anything what if she doesn't come to get them, I'll keep them overnight and take them to school and daycare. Maybe I'm thinking too much into it and I know I'll face a shit storm but I have to stick up for myself somewhere.

I am always very pleasant and chipper. I sent the 1 nice text and she sent back like 10. I didn't respond to any.