This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That portion of medical premiums

My husbands ex wants the portion of her medical premiums paid by him. Yet my husband pays for coverage for child, and he's also covered under my plan. Should he have to pay if we're paying on our own plans for his coverage?

Comment

(b) that portion of the medical and dental insurance premiums attributable to the child;
      She wants my husband to pay hers but he is covered on both my & husbands plan which we pay for. Should he have to pay this?

Comment

She wants my husband to pay hers but he is covered on both my & husbands plan which we pay for. Should he have to pay this?
        The child could be an extra-ordinary expense, shared according to income. Notwithstanding any contracts or orders to the contrary, he is under no obligation to provide coverage to his ex; if she doesn't want to pay then he withdraw coverage.

Comment

TLCRN. I was looking answer for graduation expense as my two girls are graduating from school this year. Your reply is excellent.

Just want to know if girls dress cost falls under sec 7 or not. The reason I am asking because dresses are expensive and it is one time cost. Does any one know?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by singlemom View Post
            TLCRN. I was looking answer for graduation expense as my two girls are graduating from school this year. Your reply is excellent.
            Just because TLCRN said something that you agreed with does not make it correct . Unless you have a very low income, it is going to be difficult to call these expenses extraordinary.

Just want to know if girls dress cost falls under sec 7 or not. The reason I am asking because dresses are expensive and it is one time cost. Does any one know?
            Buy a cheaper dress. Make a dress.

Either you are too poor to afford an expensive dress, or you are too rich to be claiming such a dress as section 7. Pick one, and leave you ex alone.

Comment

Buying a dress is not a necessity. Yes, it is nice and wonderful to be able to do that and every girl should feel special, however...it isn't a necessity.

There are lots of other ways to get your kids a dress, try a consignment shop for lower priced dresses - most of these things get worn once or twice, borrow one from a friend or if you really REALLY cannot afford a dress try an organization like this:

Inside The Dream

Comment

unbelievable!

Originally posted by singlemom View Post

Thanks
                So of 20 or so replies, you picked the ONLY one that says that your ex should pay for the graduation expenses! What happened with the rest of them? Did you consider other comments? Did you even stop to think, that if 19 out 20 people think that it is covered by CS maybe it is or your only thought was how to make your ex pay for the dresses too?

Unbelievable!

Comment

To all...Thanks for your input. If I said excellent answer. This does not mean that I am going to ask ex to pay, because end of the day , if ex does not want to pay, he will not , regardless what court order says.
                  Since I knew he (being a professional)
                  has many lawyers to consult with (he can afford) therefore, I ask him if some exp are sec 7 or not. This way if he says no , then onus is on him. Some people prefer to pay to lawyer but do not want to pay full child support according to table amount which is very straight forward as cs table is available on line.

I do check this site if people have similar issues and like to ask others opinion. I think nothing wrong to ask question on this site.

Comment

Originally posted by oink View Post
                    And knowing most moms with graduating daughters, they probably go OTT and say to the girls..."we will just get your dad to pay for it"
                    Seriously?? What a load of crap. As CP of two who doesn't receive a penny in CS, despite his obligation to pay, I have outfitted both of my kids with what we could afford when we could afford it. Doesn't matter if it's school clothes, grad dress or tux or snowsuits.

Comment

Oink...give your head a shake as "MOST" includes the majority...i guess it would be the same as saying: "MOST DAD don't want to pay for any of their children's graduation/post secondary education expenses, which is FALSE and INCORECT!!

Instead of writing such posts, why don't YOU take your daughter shopping to a consignment store, buy her a graduation dress (that's if you can find one)....and tell her it is her graduation gift from you to her.
                      Oh, and if you can't find a grad dress at a consignment store, perhaps you can post an add on the internet or search to see if someone has one for FREE....you have lots of time as most high school grad is end of June, but don't forget, you have to take her with you to try and make sure the dress fits... (that will cost you in either gas or bus/taxi fare for both of you)....that would ideal and simple. Oh, hold on, I forgot...you might need to have the dress dry cleaned or altered...perhaps you can pay for this also. That's great, she has a dress....oh, but what if she has no shoes to match the color of the dress... also look for shoes while at the consignment store.
                      Good Luck!! that is a way I suppose to spend quality time with your daughter...
                      Now, when her friends, teachers, neighbors, whoever asks her "where she purchased her dress? she can give them YOUR phone number so you can tell them where you purchased it from".
                      My guess she doesn't need flower(s)/corsage, graduation pictures, hair done, accessories (earings, necklace), purchase ticekt to attend the dinner and dance ticket (held by the school).

As a Judge said: "grade 12 graduation is a once in a life time event; something she will remember. Every parent should be proud to see their child graduate, as many do not go on to graduate post secondary".
                      The question asked was: "would both parents agree to pay for their child's graduation expenses if they were still together as a couple? the majority replied "yes they would".

Comment

Originally posted by TLCRN View Post
                        but what if she has no shoes to match the color of the dress...
                        That sounds pretty serious, this goes beyond normal section 7. This requires an emergency ex parte motion for immediate liquidation of the father's assets to rectify the situation.

Good Luck!! that is a way I suppose to spend quality time with your daughter...
                        Honestly, that sounds pretty good. I will be thrilled if my daughter brings me along to purchase her prom dress.

Now, when her friends, teachers, neighbors, whoever asks her "where she purchased her dress? she can give them YOUR phone number so you can tell them where you purchased it from
                        Is a dress only good if it is bought from a big name store for a lot of money?

As a Judge said: "grade 12 graduation is a once in a life time event; something she will remember. Every parent should be proud to see their child graduate, as many do not go on to graduate post secondary".
                        The question asked was: "would both parents agree to pay for their child's graduation expenses if they were still together as a couple? the majority replied "yes they would".
                        Well, it depends, if my children just graduate high school and do not go on to higher education, I would consider that to be a massive failure on my part.

Anyhow, that said, I was not aware that going to the dance and having matching shoes was a graduation requirement. If it was, then of course any parent would be willing to share in the graduation expense, though of course I would probably not send my daughter to a school that had such a ridiculous requirement.

Comment

^^^^anyone for the immediate above question^^^^^^?
                          The question might get more attention if it were posed in its own thread, instead of hidden in another.

Comment

i am not sure if a grad gown would be considered section 7 but i can tell you that mandatory school uniforms aren't so my educated guess would be that no its not... a yearbook ...its not a necessity of life ... section 7 expenses include: medical dental deductibles, sports, extra curricular activiites, post secondary education.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                            Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                            Working...
                            X