child support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• child support

My ex lost her job. She quit working for her family business probably due to her nympomanic action and was working for someone else and the employer called her up and said he has to let her go because she missed too much work. She can't afford her apartment any longer and moved to her sister/brother in law's house and babysits for them just for to live there.

I guess I can't file for child support now. She can find a job but it pays off to her sister to have a babysitter instead of paying daycare and someone to clean the house, cook etc.

PS. She refuses to provide me her address (where my child also lives) claiming she lives now with parents again. When I drop off the child at her parents place she later goes to her sisters house.

impute income

Comment

impute income and get the matter to court. While she is living with parents it will be reflected in her budget which will show she has a much lower cost of living than you do as you pay rent and she does not. The budgets you both prepare are part of the financial statement which is mandatory for both of you.

I'd be running to the courthouse to get this done LOL.

Comment

That doesn't reflect very good on her financial responsibility. She can't hold down a job and have steady income but is found fit to be a parent in this era? This whole moving thing could potentially be a material change meaning you could seek expanded access at the very least.

You can still ask for child support based on her last income. When you quit a job or are fired, you are assumed to have terminated your employment at will or at your own fault. If she was laid off, then that would be a different story. But I think you could still impute income. She should be looking for a new job as if her life depended on it - she's a parent that has a child to shelter, feed, and cloth.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
        Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
        Working...
        X