Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law > Common Law Issues

Common Law Issues The law regarding common law relationships is different than in cases of divorce. Discuss the issues that affect unmarried couples here.

Closed Thread

Old 01-18-2011, 11:36 PM

logicalvelocity has a spectacular aura aboutlogicalvelocity has a spectacular aura aboutlogicalvelocity has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via Yahoo to logicalvelocity

Effects of truancy can be devastating.

dadtotheend will become famous soon enoughdadtotheend will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhilosopher View Post
No, I wanted an abortion. She wanted to keep it, so she should deal with it.
That may be the way you think it ought to be.

But as soon as your ex finds out what time it is, you're in for a rude awakening.

The law doesn't give a shit about whether you or she wanted an abortion.

It only gives a shit about the child from which you walked away.

Over. And. Out. With. You.

ThePhilosopher is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by blinkandimgone View Post
Whether you choose to share custody of the child or not, whether she has sole custody, by default or by legal decision you are still financially responsible. That's all you're getting.

If you want professional, go hire a professional to find out you're still on the hook for child support, even if she agrees now and changes her mind down the road. At that point, you'll just owe back support for all the years you didn't pay.
Do you understand the logic that you are presenting right now? You are telling me "Even if she chooses to raise the child by herself and pay for everything by herself, you are still financially responsible" Does that make any sense to you?

Also, I have not taken any DNA tests at all....so your point is rather moot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimberley
You continue to prove what a lazy sloth you are - look for sources yourself, since you're so much more educated than everyone else; useless cumdumpster.
Oh here comes the brain.

Obviously if I had the sources myself, I would not have to resort to posting in a forum. I also expected a forum like this to have people with the sources, but little did I know.
Old 01-18-2011, 11:37 PM

Kimberley is on a distinguished road

Old 01-18-2011, 11:38 PM

tugofwar is on a distinguished road

Dont worry, my own (soon to be) ex husband wanted an abortion because he conveniently forgot that he was the one that wanted children and wasn't quite ready and realized that he didn't like children and they just got in the way of HIS plan, so "YES" when I see someone, a coward like yourself come on here and say that abortions are that simple, your parents are probably turning in their graves... arrogant ass!
Old 01-18-2011, 11:39 PM

blinkandimgone is a jewel in the roughblinkandimgone is a jewel in the roughblinkandimgone is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
No, I havent told them because they are dead.

Listen, she agreed to raise the child by herself. She made the decision, she wanted to be a mother, so now she is dealing with the decision. Support has nothing to do with this.

No, I wanted an abortion. She wanted to keep it, so she should deal with it. Unless of course you are sexist? Are you sexist? If so then you are not credible.

Yes, abortion is that fucking simple. The fly that I swatted has more vivid existence than a zygote. She made the decision, so she deals with the decision. What, is my objective stance to harsh for you to handle? Do you believe women are vulnerable, innocent little creatures that cannot make decisions on their own, or deal with decision on their own? No, if a women can make a decision without the man being able to do anything about it, the man should be able to do the same. Please, enlighten me with some valid and intriguing arguments to counter my own, or else stop posting.
Funny, earlier you said you didn't know about the child until after he was born, now you say you wanted her to have an abortion.

FYI, she didn't make the decision by herself, you contributed equally when you decided to have sex, protected or not - nothing is 100% except abstinance. YOU CHOSE not abstain. That was YOUR choice and now you're unhappy with the choice YOU made and think a child should suffer for it.
Old 01-18-2011, 11:42 PM

blinkandimgone is a jewel in the roughblinkandimgone is a jewel in the roughblinkandimgone is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Do you understand the logic that you are presenting right now? You are telling me "Even if she chooses to raise the child by herself and pay for everything by herself, you are still financially responsible" Does that make any sense to you?
It makes perfect sense, in fact...it's the law.

Quote:
Also, I have not taken any DNA tests at all....so your point is rather moot.
FYI: not required.

Quote:
Obviously if I had the sources myself, I would not have to resort to posting in a forum. I also expected a forum like this to have people with the sources, but little did I know.
Excellent, expect to pay a fortune for a lawyer, either now or in the future, lol. Better up your hours flipping burgers kiddo!
Old 01-18-2011, 11:44 PM

tugofwar is on a distinguished road

Didn't you know, it's not about the child, it's about the ass where the child came from...
Old 01-18-2011, 11:44 PM

dinkyface will become famous soon enough

Um... you are asking about YOUR rights.... but do you WANT to be a parent? (I'm not hearing it). You have the right to visit your child (the amount of time is up to you), but that is about it. She has de-facto sole-custody - i.e. full control. But unless you establish yourself as a parent by spending the time and love now, then even this basic right of access will evaporate.

Regardless of what you want ... your CHILD has a legal right to your support $'s through to the end of a post-secondary degree. Enforcement measures include incarceration without trial, paycheque/EI garnishment, driver's license suspension.

Sources:
- Did you make it as far as reading the basic legal info offered on this website (not the Forum part)?
- About Child Support in Canada

Last edited by dinkyface; 01-18-2011 at 11:56 PM.
Old 01-18-2011, 11:49 PM

ThePhilosopher is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by blinkandimgone View Post
Funny, earlier you said you didn't know about the child until after he was born, now you say you wanted her to have an abortion.

FYI, she didn't make the decision by herself, you contributed equally when you decided to have sex, protected or not - nothing is 100% except abstinance. YOU CHOSE not abstain. That was YOUR choice and now you're unhappy with the choice YOU made and think a child should suffer for it.
Oh man, im starting to think half the people on these forums are minimum-wage earning junkies with brain capacities on par with baboons.

I did not know about the child, my point is that I wanted an abortion and she didn't, so she should deal with the decision she made. It was meant to be a conditional statement, if I wanted an abortion, I should not be influenced by her decision.

Why is everyone here biased bigots? Can no one be objective? Am I the only non-sexist person here?

Answer me, why is a women able to undergo an abortion without the males consent and at the same may refuse an abortion but hold the man responsible. Does this make any sense? No, it is sexist. Also, appealing to authority is a logical fallacy, so I don't want to hear "its the law". In Saudi Arabia women cant drive, that does not mean it is right.
Closed Thread