Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law > Common Law Issues

Common Law Issues The law regarding common law relationships is different than in cases of divorce. Discuss the issues that affect unmarried couples here.

Closed Thread

Old 01-18-2011, 11:14 PM

blinkandimgone is a jewel in the roughblinkandimgone is a jewel in the roughblinkandimgone is a jewel in the rough

His parents are irrelevant, didn't you hear? I'm sure it's somehow their fault as well for not showing him how to put the condom on.
Old 01-18-2011, 11:18 PM

dadtotheend will become famous soon enoughdadtotheend will become famous soon enough

Doncha' know that ThePhilosopher makes the rules about what's relevant to discuss?

ThePhilosopher - even the handle screams selfish sonofabitch.
Old 01-18-2011, 11:21 PM

ThePhilosopher is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by blinkandimgone View Post
So you have a problem with her and you're taking it out on the child? Nice.

And to answer your original question, I'm sure you'll be thrilled to hear, whether you're on the birth certificate or not, whether you choose to bless your life by being involved with the child or not, you're still financially responsible for your contribution. The child is entitled to be supported and no judge is going to relieve you of that responsibility simply because you have dreams and aspirations in life, whether you wanted the child or not or even knew about the pregnancy. Good luck getting a job, passport, driver's license or anything else when you have CS arrears hanging over your head.

You want to ensure you have a decent future to look forward to? Man up, pay the child support and don't find yourself on here:

http://www.mcss.gov.on.ca/en/goodparentspay/gpp_index.aspx

because you can be damn sure that if you do, any potential schools, employers and financial institutions, not to mention potential future relationship prospects will.

Do yourself and the child a favour and take responsibility for your actions, regardless of your age. This isn't like writing a bad cheque, it doesn't go away over time, it gets worse over time.
Again with the reading and comprehension. Did you miss the part where I stated "and she agreed". This is not about child support, read the fucking OP instead of making absurd assumptions.

What I want to know is if I have rights to the child right now. Does she have sole custody right now or do I have to go to court and give her all my rights. What I read was that if a man wants rights to a child, he has to go to court and "prove" that he is the father or else the women has all the rights. Can anyone verify this?

Also, I expect sources, this isn't elementary school, be fucking professional.
Old 01-18-2011, 11:25 PM

logicalvelocity has a spectacular aura aboutlogicalvelocity has a spectacular aura aboutlogicalvelocity has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via Yahoo to logicalvelocity

Perhaps indigenous origin.
Old 01-18-2011, 11:26 PM

Kimberley is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhilosopher
Also, I expect sources, this isn't elementary school, be fucking professional.
http://www.google.ca

You continue to prove what a lazy sloth you are - look for sources yourself, since you're so much more educated than everyone else; useless cumdumpster.
Old 01-18-2011, 11:27 PM

blinkandimgone is a jewel in the roughblinkandimgone is a jewel in the roughblinkandimgone is a jewel in the rough

Whether you choose to share custody of the child or not, whether she has sole custody, by default or by legal decision you are still financially responsible. That's all you're getting.

If you want professional, go hire a professional to find out you're still on the hook for child support, even if she agrees now and changes her mind down the road. At that point, you'll just owe back support for all the years you didn't pay.
Old 01-18-2011, 11:29 PM

ThePhilosopher is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadtotheend View Post
Exactly what I thought. You haven't told them. Because they would be ashamed of how you handled the problem.

What you don't seem to understand is that your ex's behaviour (bad as it was) does not take you off the hook from supporting your child even after your choice to "to have nothing to do with him or her and live my own life".

Do you think your baby should be given a chance to have a healthy, happy childhood, and grow up and go to university like yourself to chase his dreams and aspirations?
No, I havent told them because they are dead.

Listen, she agreed to raise the child by herself. She made the decision, she wanted to be a mother, so now she is dealing with the decision. Support has nothing to do with this.

No, I wanted an abortion. She wanted to keep it, so she should deal with it. Unless of course you are sexist? Are you sexist? If so then you are not credible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tugofwar
I wonder why maybe she didn't tell you that she was pregnant!!!
Reading your posts makes me just want to vomit. Abortion.... really.... Yes it's just that simple. Did you not practice safe sex? Do your parents even know?
Yes, abortion is that fucking simple. The fly that I swatted has more vivid existence than a zygote. She made the decision, so she deals with the decision. What, is my objective stance to harsh for you to handle? Do you believe women are vulnerable, innocent little creatures that cannot make decisions on their own, or deal with decision on their own? No, if a women can make a decision without the man being able to do anything about it, the man should be able to do the same. Please, enlighten me with some valid and intriguing arguments to counter my own, or else stop posting.
Old 01-18-2011, 11:30 PM

dadtotheend will become famous soon enoughdadtotheend will become famous soon enough

You fucking well fucking want fucking profesionallfuckingism? Why did you start in the swearing almost right away then?

You want to know what your rights to the child are but you want nothing to do with him?

You aren't holding court here your highness. I expect you do to do the research, you fucking goof.

Before coming on here and demanding that we all research your questions, provide sources like your Poli Sci 101 prof would have you do, read the damn forum and gather your own information. It's all here for you to find.

Cause we too busy at Thursday pub night getting our drink and our sex on with your U of T, or York, or Ryerson chickies.
Old 01-18-2011, 11:33 PM

tugofwar is on a distinguished road

Do you object to paying child support? Or are you asking the forum if you remove all your rights as a parent you don't have any type of obligation to the child?
Like another poster stated, if you work out an agreement without going to court, you might get off the hook for the financial part of it but it doesn't guarantee she takes your ass to court in the future.
Old 01-18-2011, 11:33 PM

Kimberley is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I started to date a girl 2 years ago. We broke up because of intense problems and then after 10 months she comes to me and tells me I have a son....I have never met him but I know it is my son for I have seen pictures, and it is a direct match
Quote:
No, I wanted an abortion. She wanted to keep it, so she should deal with it. Unless of course you are sexist? Are you sexist? If so then you are not credible.
I could swear you said you knew nothing before hand so.... how exactly do you abort a living child?

You should stop skipping classes...
Closed Thread