Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law > Common Law Issues

Common Law Issues The law regarding common law relationships is different than in cases of divorce. Discuss the issues that affect unmarried couples here.

Closed Thread

Old 12-16-2009, 09:55 PM

littleman is on a distinguished road

did you file with CCRA as common law.......that could literally save your a$$ in this situation......otherwise it could come down to he said she said.......if you went into house as tenants in common then the initial downpayment is returned to the payor and the joint debt is paid then any balance is split equally after sale or evaluation of the home is complete.
Old 12-17-2009, 09:09 AM

shessassy is on a distinguished road

Thanks My lawyer said we will be going after him for constructive trust...the equity on the house would be around 200,000 so my lawyer after all is said and done said i could get 100,000...i told him no I just want 60,000 and be done with it no spousal support or anything els...the ex is fighting me on this..he said he will win his case then procceded to take all the TV's out of the house including the stereo..i think that was to get me upset... Its not working...Thanks fro all your help

Jo
Closed Thread