Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law > Common Law Issues

Common Law Issues The law regarding common law relationships is different than in cases of divorce. Discuss the issues that affect unmarried couples here.

Closed Thread

Old 11-04-2006, 05:44 PM

pmaclean27 is on a distinguished road
Default Where can I file?

I have a fairly simple question but have not been able to find the information. My spouse and I were married in London,Ontario. He still resides there but I live in Quebec. We have a separation agreement that deals with all custody, child support issues etc. I have been told that divorce proceedings are less complicated in Ontario than in Quebec, so I have decided to have the proceedings (joint application) in Ontario. Do I have to file in London (where my ex-spouse still lives) or can I file in the closest Ontario court to where I live?
Closed Thread