Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Financial Issues

Financial Issues This forum is for discussing any of the financial issues involved in your divorce.

Old 07-11-2013, 10:18 AM

OrleansLawyer is a jewel in the roughOrleansLawyer is a jewel in the roughOrleansLawyer is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Buy 1 hour of a lawyer's time and ask them to do a Divorcemate calculation for your situation. That software is relied upon by the courts. Just make sure the proper inputs are used.
I would be cautious of relying on divorcemate in more esoteric cases, particularly when the result is not defined by legislation. A tool - no matter how useful - does not replace reason.
Old 07-11-2013, 12:01 PM

JSR40 is on a distinguished road

Good day, I have recieve great information on this forum. Indeed there has been alot of ruling and I was provided with a very intersting CANLII report, that refers to numerous other cases. (same as the one provided in the previous post!)

This arrangment is now defined as 'hybrid' access, and there seem to be 2 different approaches used by Judges along the way. Indeed, some went with using the amount for 1 child for one and use the amount for 1 child/offset for the other. This approach doesn't work when there is a huge gap in the parents income. There seem to be a better approach used in a lot of cases, the 'economies of scale' approach, which in my case, would come up with the amount provided using 'mysupportcalculator'. Although not an official calculator, I can start refering to some of the cases documented on CANLII.

This is great support, keep up the good work!!

Tags
access, child support, child support formula