Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law

Divorce & Family Law This forum is for discussing any of the legal issues involved in your divorce.

Closed Thread

Old 06-28-2012, 12:25 PM

Pursuinghappiness will become famous soon enough

lol..me too Cbarker.
Old 06-28-2012, 12:59 PM

Mess is a jewel in the roughMess is a jewel in the roughMess is a jewel in the roughMess is a jewel in the rough

The four types of love were discussed by the likes of Plato and Aristotle. The bible was written in Greek originally and used those terms, C. S. Lewis rewrapped the concept of four loves in Christianity and sold it.
Old 06-29-2012, 01:36 AM

Karver is on a distinguished road

I know a couple of my friends told me they couldn't stand their husbands always bugging them for sex and they can't beleive that I would end my marriage because of it. The physical act of sex itself is just a small part. Try no holding hands, no kissing, no sitting next to each other, no talking, the low self esteem that starts when you wonder why your man smirks and walks away when he sees you in new Victoria's Secret, the paranoid thoughts that arise when some people say he must be 'getting it' somewhere else. Forget it. Run for the hills.
Old 06-29-2012, 04:59 PM

billiechic is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mess View Post
The four types of love were discussed by the likes of Plato and Aristotle. The bible was written in Greek originally and used those terms, C. S. Lewis rewrapped the concept of four loves in Christianity and sold it.
Yes!

I find it very sad that the english language has only one word for love.
It is important to know that there are different types, and yet the lack of different word makes it so hard to explain or understand.

Try explaining to a 4 year old how you "love" your toys in a different way than you "love" your pet. And that the "love" between a husband and wife is different than the "love" between a parent and child.

It might be quoted in the bible, but the concept itself is what matters, not the place it was mentioned.
Old 06-29-2012, 06:12 PM

May_May is on a distinguished road

I have a long time friend, who just separated with her husband. They have been married for over 10 years, and have always had a 'sharing' lifestyle/swinging. So quantity and variation won't always keep a marriage in tact. It needs to be complete at the source.
Closed Thread