Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law

Divorce & Family Law This forum is for discussing any of the legal issues involved in your divorce.

Closed Thread

Old 11-10-2012, 03:09 PM

May_May is on a distinguished road
Default Text messages between parent and child

Has anyone had/been able to get a court order for copies of texting between a parent and child to prove parental alienation against the OP ?
Old 11-10-2012, 07:36 PM

blinkandimgone is a jewel in the roughblinkandimgone is a jewel in the roughblinkandimgone is a jewel in the rough

Easy to do if you're managing the account.
Old 11-10-2012, 11:47 PM

I do not manage the account now...it's under my ex.
Old 11-11-2012, 09:38 AM

hadenough is on a distinguished road

MM: my ex also has S14's phone under his account. I'm not experiencing the same situation as you state that you are, but I'm thinking, and perhaps you should too, that the phone deal ought to be under my account. Besides, ex will likely be cutting it off soon (in my case) as he is sucky re: the cs he is currently paying. Although it's under his phone "contract" (not pay-as-you-go) I anticipate him doing this very soon even though he will still have to pay his service provider a monthly fee.
Old 11-11-2012, 12:48 PM

Tayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by May_May View Post
Has anyone had/been able to get a court order for copies of texting between a parent and child to prove parental alienation against the OP ?
Generally service providers do not track the content of text messages just the rate and time sent for billing.

Imagine if every SMS message was persisted by service providers. Some teens are sending 9000 (if you watch Duck Dynasty) messages a month and racking up 280+ a month in service charges.

Imagine that cross the number of active users in a country. You would need some heavy duty storage to even store one day let alone any period of time for which an order could get the information.

You would at best get an order for the information stored on the device but, it would get deleted as soon as the order was issued and or is already gone.
Old 11-12-2012, 04:45 PM

wretchedotis is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by May_May View Post

Send texts yourself often and randomly telling the child you love them.

At worst, you build the child up. At best you counter what you suspect.
Old 11-12-2012, 11:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wretchedotis View Post
Send texts yourself often and randomly telling the child you love them.

At worst, you build the child up. At best you counter what you suspect.
Thanks WO... I love the advice. Further problems as dad has told him not to reply to me, and to block me if I send too many so I've been keeping it to a minimum.
Closed Thread