Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Parenting Issues

Parenting Issues This forum is for discussing any of the parenting issues involved in your divorce, including parenting of step-children.

Old 08-02-2022, 03:40 PM

rockscan will become famous soon enoughrockscan will become famous soon enough

Because it was petty and unnecessary. Your lawyer should have ignored it and let her sink herself in court. Unless you are a threat to the kids theres absolutely no reason for her to deny your time.
Old 08-02-2022, 05:40 PM
Banned

respondent is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockscan View Post
Because it was petty and unnecessary. Your lawyer should have ignored it and let her sink herself in court. Unless you are a threat to the kids theres absolutely no reason for her to deny your time.
Even tiny email exchanges with lawyer does cost you, but yes, we were not responding to that nonsense. I suspect it did cost her more to write those essays than for me to ignore them, but it wasn't totally free.
Old 08-02-2022, 07:05 PM

rockscan will become famous soon enoughrockscan will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by respondent View Post
Even tiny email exchanges with lawyer does cost you, but yes, we were not responding to that nonsense. I suspect it did cost her more to write those essays than for me to ignore them, but it wasn't totally free.

It should have been captured under your retainer agreement that your lawyers assistant would forward correspondence to you and then you give direction. Then you review everything at the meeting to put together court materials. If your lawyer is charging you for stupid stuff like this and reviewing things like this before sending it you, you need to review your contract. There is no reason they need to review anything before sending it to you. If you arent ccd on the correspondence, you should receive it before they do anything.
Old 08-02-2022, 07:17 PM

Brampton33 is on a distinguished road

@ Rockscan and Respondent: Please start your own thread and/or private message one another- your messages have completely hijacked my thread and delve into someone's else's matter. Thank you!

Moderator: Requested to remove their posts from my thread. Thank you!
Old 08-02-2022, 07:54 PM

Tayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brampton33 View Post
You clearly don't know my ex. She is the definition of high-conflict. It drives her insane that our kids are 1/2 time with me.
If I can assist WorkingDad in navigating his file... Trust me... Yours is a cake walk in comparison. Two trials... Rare to see one trial... Let alone TWO.

Quote:
To the point where she wants regular check-ins with me to ensure I am always doing things her way. She believes she is the "primary" parent and time with me is "visits". If I were to bring sick kids to her in the morning, she would try to make a deal about my judgement in that the kids are not that sick....or suggest that they sleep terribly at my place compared to hers. Anything to dig at me and my parenting; suggesting the kids should be with her fulltime. My ex cannot see that she is a huge problem, and the detriment it causes to our kids.
You clearly need to /ignore the other parent. The other parent has no recourse... they can call CAS but, CAS will eventually /ignore her... She won't go back to court because the "material change" required for her to even haver a judge hear the matter won't be met.

Time to ignore. Even for very small and young children. You will learn fast that unless your child has special needs... parents rarely need to talk. Especially when one is high conflict.

You probably attend to every TXT message, email, etc... When you don't need to.

Good Luck!
Tayken
Old 08-02-2022, 07:55 PM

Tayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockscan View Post
why do you care or entertain her comments? Drop the kids off and go to work. Ignore her emails. The only reason she does it is because it bothers you. Stop giving her the satisfaction.

Sent from my iphone using tapatalk
this ^^^^^^^^^^ !!!!!!!
Old 08-02-2022, 07:58 PM

Quote:
@ Rockscan and Respondent: Please start your own thread and/or private message one another- your messages have completely hijacked my thread and delve into someone's else's matter. Thank you!

LOL.

Doubtful they will moderate out good content.
Old 08-02-2022, 11:01 PM
Banned

respondent is on a distinguished road

Quote:

I apologize, wasn't intentional.
Old 08-03-2022, 09:19 AM

Brampton33 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by respondent View Post
I apologize, wasn't intentional.
No problem. From what I gather, its best for 9am dropoffs. Unfortunately, my court order has "after school pickups". We currently do 2-2-3 because my ex resents me and the notion of our kids having a relationship with their father. So this way, they see me every few days which is nice. 2-2-3 can get a little frustrating due to my ex's pettiness, and I have had issues with my ex hoarding rain and snow gear (she will send kids to school without snowpants, not realizing that the next day on my day the weather calls for snow).

I think if the opportunity comes up, I will suggest 2-2-5-5 with 9am dropoffs. However, my ex will try to take it as an opportunity to reduce my time or suggest things don't work well at my place, etc.
Old 08-04-2022, 07:36 PM

StillPaying has a little shameless behaviour in the past

While week about access may create little issues for sports, the one exchange per week saves from many other issues:

- school, holidays, pa/sick days, homework, appointments, less work - easier exchanging items, etc. And as the kids age, they'll prefer less transfers.