Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

New posts


  Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law

Divorce & Family Law This forum is for discussing any of the legal issues involved in your divorce.

Closed Thread
Thread Tools
Old 02-19-2010, 03:19 AM
SandyLee SandyLee is offline
Junior Member
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 1
SandyLee is on a distinguished road
Default Conflict of Interest

I am currently in a fight to have my daughter returned to me. The lawyer for the opposing party has removed herself from the case due to a conflict of interest. She had been filing infomation about my Spouse (also one of her clients in the past) in a negative and slanderous manner. Is anything she has done now void. Can I have it all thrown out and request that none of that infomation can be used again.

Secondly, there is currently no court dates, and no orders in place. Can I restart my own proceedings where I live? The child lived here to start with, the ex filed a motion without notice out of jurisdiction when I had cancer and was unable to travel, it has come to my attention that to should not have been allowed. HELP!

He has now moved, won't disclose the location of my child, refuses to allow a phone call and will not allow me to see my child. What can I do?
He also made sure he got ahold of the list of Family Law Lawyers and spoke to every one of them, then laughed try to get anything done now.

Anyone? All I want if for her to come home.
Old 02-19-2010, 10:49 AM
billiechic billiechic is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Vaughan
Posts: 2,373
billiechic is on a distinguished road

My suggestion is to get a lawyer out of town. Make a list of all the lawyers you contacted and which ones he had spoken to. It will show what he did to prevent you from getting counsel and if it goes to trial he will have to pay the extra costs for travel.

You need to file and emergency motion to get access to your child. You wil need a lawyer for that. He has really messed with you, but a good lawyer should be able to help. Where do you live? Maybe someone on here knows a lawyer they can recommend?
Old 02-19-2010, 08:17 PM
sufferer's Avatar
sufferer sufferer is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 336
sufferer is on a distinguished road

Its awful.How old is the child?.
Since there are no custody orders in place he has an equal right but without disclosing her location etc is not acceptable.
My ex did the almost the same thing ,police refused to help me as there were no court orders but my lawyer filed an emergency motion and same day he was ordered to bring back the child.

Last edited by sufferer; 02-19-2010 at 08:30 PM.
Closed Thread

conflict, no orders, withholding child

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Conflict of interest? kwilson Divorce & Family Law 1 03-13-2011 09:11 PM
Conflict of interest? mcky2015 Divorce & Family Law 6 06-01-2010 07:16 AM
Is this a conflict of interest? AtALoss Political Issues 5 03-19-2009 01:26 PM
conflict of interest daver32 Divorce & Family Law 1 01-10-2008 07:18 PM
Pushing for costs a conflict of interest? sasha1 Divorce & Family Law 19 12-29-2005 12:10 AM

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:03 AM.