Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Financial Issues

Financial Issues This forum is for discussing any of the financial issues involved in your divorce.

Old 11-16-2019, 05:29 AM

Tayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berner_Faith View Post
Yes I have read the other thread... it’s once again parents trying to one up each other. Rather than thinking of the children one wants CS and the other doesn’t want to pay
I agree.

I am of the opinion that the optimal way to look at this is what is the cost of residence for the student? The lowest common denominator to determine the cost of the residence.

Think of it as a fencing dispute between two neighbours. One neighbour wants to put up a fancy-dancy fence made of vinyl that costs say 300$ a foot on the property line and the other doesn't want to. If this dispute were taken to court the judge would tell the fancy-dancy fence wanting person that they can only get the cost of a 4' chain link fence at 25$ a foot. They can install the fancy-dancy vinyle fence but, they are going to have to foot 275$ a foot to do that and are only going to get $25 a foot from the other property owner.

My advice to the OP is that you at best will get the proportional value of what it would cost for your child to reside in residence (the cheapest residence to boot) in the area as a s7 expense. You wn't get the full value of your fancy-dancy living arrangements you setup for the child. The judge won't even consider your fancy-dancy owned property as reasonable. Judges always equate things down to the minimum cost to do something generally.

Tags
child support