No Details?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stillbreathing View Post
    The mother's affidavit from 2014 had 3 allegations ( unproven) of violent incidents. The mother had claimed the father had a temper which frightened her and the boy's.
    This would be meaningful if it wasn't a standard accusation leveled during a custody battle. Since almost every father is alleged to have violent tendencies, the fact that some actually do is not very special.

It would be like me predicting that a given teenager will commit suicide. If I make the prediction often enough, I'll eventually be correct.

There was also conflict between the father and stepfather but no allegations of violence in the past year.
    Somehow I picked up on that almost immediately.

Comment

Originally posted by arabian View Post
      mother's post on facebook:

I WILL CLEAR ONE THING UP... this monster didn't have primary care !!! He was given one school year with these boys so they could play hockey in spruce grove ... I raised these babies with my husband Brent in whitecourt their entire lives ... he had 4 months with them and he took them away ������

Horrible
      THIS SITUATION IS ABSOLUTELY HEARTBREAKING AND THE DAD IS COMPLETE SELFISH PRICK TO DO THIS TO HIS BEAUTIFUL SONS!!

I have extended family in Whitecourt who are close to both families who have lost so much in this situation and the fallout in both of the small communities of Spruce Grove and Whitecourt is devastating. My cousin is a lifelong friend of Corry MacDouggal and is struggling to comprehend how or why he could do such a thing.

From the outside looking in, all I can see is a mom and her partner (yes stepdad) who did their best to raise her kids while dad was flying high and showing off with very expensive toys.

He chose to live far away from his sons in BC for quite some time and more recently seemed to be stepping up and putting his relationship with his kids first.

Despite any misgivings she might have had in the past, mom seems agreed to them living with Dad during the school week and to further their hockey aspirations.

It appears this was a temporary (or trial) arrangement to see how things went and with Christmas approaching these boys might have told dad they wanted to return to their familiar home, school, friends and yes living with their mom and step-dad in Whitecourt.

I pray this bastard didn't kill his boys because his ego and pride were so fragile that he made them pay the ultimate price for what he could have interpreted as betrayal.

May they all rest in peace and some lessons be learned by others on here who are running their mouths about and throwing around threats of what you would like do to others because you didn't "WIN" or get your way in a high conflict custody situation.

Comment

I think it is important that you know that you are not alone if you feel helpless and are contemplating suicide. There are people you can call, no matter where you live in Canada, for help.

No one is judging you. Your problems are real. Please call 911 for IMMEDIATE assistance. Talk to a friend, anyone, if you feel that things in your life are out-of-control. You can also call the numbers below for assistance in your area.

Please do not harm your children. Your problems ARE NOT their problem.

You can get help right now by calling 911.

Canadian Crisis Centres - The LifeLine Canada Foundation
        Last edited by arabian; 12-22-2016, 07:41 PM.

Comment

This is beyond sad. Those young boys did not deserve that. It was the most selfish act anyone could have done.

Even if a parent loses custody does not give them the right to kill their children! No one here knows the whole story. You can comment on the step dad, the mother, the father... but none of that is going to change the outcome. The only one to blame for this is the father. No one else and certainly not the court system or the mother. People get handed bad deals every day but that doesn't give them the right to kill someone.

May those boys rest in peace and I hope one day the communities and people effected can begin to heal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Yep - here is another BAD one where father kills:

Meika Jordan's Death Actually First Degree Murder, Appeal Court Decides

"....the court also said the couple had no right to have Meika staying with them that weekend. Jordan was supposed have his daughter on weekdays and her mother was to get her on weekends...."
            Last edited by arabian; 12-22-2016, 09:23 PM.

Comment

and an update/info (alleged of course) about the couple's problems:

Court documents show years of parental conflict before double murder-suicide of

Comment

Originally posted by Berner_Faith View Post
                The only one to blame for this is the father. No one else and certainly not the court system or the mother. People get handed bad deals every day but that doesn't give them the right to kill someone.
                Generally speaking, these days we recognize mental illness as a disease, and the afflicted as victims. We don't blame those with mental illness, we try to help.

If I fall down, I get back up. If somebody with osteoporosis falls down, maybe she doesn't get up. If my kids are unjustifiably taken from me, I don't kill them. If somebody with mental illness loses their kids unjustifiably, maybe they do kill them.

I can handle a fall, but if the environment is such that people fall, and some of those people cannot handle the fall, then perhaps we should take steps to fix the environment that allows such falls in the first place.

Most people can handle a fall. Some people cannot. Instead of pointing the finger of blame at the person who falls, perhaps we should ask ourselves why we allow the slippery ramps to exist in the first place.

Comment

From Arabian's article, we should have seen this coming...

another time snatched the keys out of her vehicle’s ignition as she was pulling into the driveway and then threw them in the snow.
                  It is just a small step from that to double murder suicide.

Comment

Originally posted by Janus View Post
                    From Arabian's article, we should have seen this coming...

It is just a small step from that to double murder suicide.

Perhaps you missed this part on the ensuring paragraphs? (of course father denied saying this)

"...July 2011, when she told him she wanted to take the kids on a holiday to California, he “told me on the phone that some days he wakes up and wants to end it all and that he wants to kill himself so he doesn’t have to work to pay me."

Comment

Originally posted by arabian View Post
                      Perhaps you missed this part on the ensuring paragraphs?
                      I read the ensuing paragraphs, to ensure that I properly understood what was being said.

(of course father denied saying this)
                      Of course the mother alleged that he said it. Do we believe the mother by default?

"...July 2011, when she told him she wanted to take the kids on a holiday to California, he “told me on the phone that some days he wakes up and wants to end it all and that he wants to kill himself so he doesn’t have to work to pay me."
                      You used bold on the wrong part of the quote.

Making somebody work for the benefit of somebody else can't be good for the psyche.

Anyhow, I'm just amused at all these attempts to try to paint the father as a monster.

He didn't want to pay support!
                      He threw car keys into the snow!
                      He talked (maybe) about killing himself after losing custody of his kids!
                      He threw some food at a wall!

I don't know about you, but once people throw food, they are just a small step away from murder-suicide, right? Right? On at least two occasions my ex threw food at the wall, can I get sole custody?

He killed his kids, and normal people don't kill their own children. I don't think any amount of evil or cowardice gets you to that point. He had a mental illness, likely brought about or exacerbated through multiple adverse interactions with the family law institutions. Why is that such a bad thing to acknowledge?

Comment

Why is that such a bad thing to acknowledge?
                        Because then all the people who benefit from the corruption are complicit in it because they enjoy it. It's like drinking non-free trade coffee or using resources from Israel. Nobody wants to know what the system is doing to give them their goodies

Comment

I read the ensuing paragraphs, to ensure that I properly understood what was being said.

Of course the mother alleged that he said it. Do we believe the mother by default?

Making somebody work for the benefit of somebody else can't be good for the psyche.

Anyhow, I'm just amused at all these attempts to try to paint the father as a monster.

I don't know about you, but once people throw food, they are just a small step away from murder-suicide, right? Right? On at least two occasions my ex threw food at the wall, can I get sole custody?

He killed his kids, and normal people don't kill their own children. I don't think any amount of evil or cowardice gets you to that point. He had a mental illness, likely brought about or exacerbated through multiple adverse interactions with the family law institutions. Why is that such a bad thing to acknowledge?
                          I strongly disagree with you. - anyone who kills their kids is a monster (sick in the head or not).

Nothing you say justify his actions. Nothing. It is, quite frankly, disturbing to me that you try to make light of the situation and use the murder for dialogue in your continuous, and oh so tiring, barrage of venom about child or spousal support. For shame.

Comment

The guys a sick, lunatic bastard!

Comment

Because you have no reason for thinking that's true, except for the desire to see everything through the prism of Bad Mom Screwing Over Dad Because Gender Bias. The interactions with family law institutions may have been entirely reasonable and proportionate to his behavior, and may have contributed nothing to his mental illness. But when you've got a hammer, everything looks like a nail.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                              Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                              Working...
                              X