X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Globe & Mail article that has me miffed

My best friend won’t tell her ex she’s pregnant - The Globe and Mail

Read this, then read some of the uneducated comments. To suggest that someone has the right to determine who is or is not going to be a parent (or at least be able to participate as one) simply because they think it will be too much "hassle" or because there is little hope of collecting c/s is freaking disgusting.

People have no clue how much good TWO involved parents can have on this child. Yes, dude may decide to cut and run. But then it is him that is the douchebag, not her and her conscience is clear.

Great article, even better posts lol. It is amazing that we have not come that far. Hard to believe in Evolution when reading some of the comments lol, but I still do.

Comment

I bet you can probably tell which poster I am....

Comment

Originally posted by HammerDad View Post
        You bet, SomeGuy From Hamilton
        Last edited by WorkingDAD; 11-25-2011, 03:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by HammerDad View Post
          I know, I know, pick me, pick me ......

Comment

Originally posted by KeepSmiling View Post
            I know, I know, pick me, pick me ......

LOL, WorkingDad beat you to it.

Man, there are some daft people in this world. The fact that some believe it is ok to deny the child the involvement of the other parent is beyond me. And the one who believes it should be the mans responsibility to find out if their ex pregnant, more then the woman's to advise their ex's rediculous.

I know it sucks for woman to have to be the one to tell their ex in most situations. But they are the ones who know first. If a guy had an STD I am sure his ex's would prefer he tell them, rather than "find out" later either the wrong way....ugg.. or through someone else. The onus to disclose in on the person who is privy to the information, not the other way around.

Comment

Wow, how selfish can that woman be? The minute she got pregnant it became about the child, not her. Regardless of the details, this child has a father and has a right to have the father in it's life.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
              Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
              Working...
              X