Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FRO - involvement

Hi there,
    If it isn't something from my STBX it's another. So I did my review with CAS and it went smoothly, she claimed physical abuse from one incident back in December, also claimed I shouldn't have the kids as I am on anti depressants, and because I allowed my 5 year old daughter into my bed with my GF after a bad dream at 5am that I am sexually abusing her!
    So that has been all dealt with for this time.
    Yesterday i get a notice from FRO that a case has been open. So my question now is can FRO collect for a separation agreement not court ordered or issued? Also she was provided with Cheques up until August 2015 should I be stopping them and just issuing payments to FRO?

We did a separation agreement with me paying 800/Month is spousal, which we in turn did an amendment to cut it back to $300/Month which I was never given my copy back, so if she doesn't file that they will think I am behind $2500.

but on a positive note, she has been served with my financials, affidavit and application! so I hope things will get rectified as soon as possible but I have serious doubts!

To my knowledge you dont have to pay anything if you feel its not right and go wait for court decision. If you think you should, do it only through FRO. Keep putting that amount in the bank for now due to your "frozen" situation so you have enough money later but even if you didn't, the judge would order to pay like $900 instead $800 untill you pay off arrears

Comment

Originally posted by concerneddad32 View Post
      Hi there,
      If it isn't something from my STBX it's another. So I did my review with CAS and it went smoothly, she claimed physical abuse from one incident back in December, also claimed I shouldn't have the kids as I am on anti depressants, and because I allowed my 5 year old daughter into my bed with my GF after a bad dream at 5am that I am sexually abusing her!
      So that has been all dealt with for this time.
      Yesterday i get a notice from FRO that a case has been open. So my question now is can FRO collect for a separation agreement not court ordered or issued? Also she was provided with Cheques up until August 2015 should I be stopping them and just issuing payments to FRO?

We did a separation agreement with me paying 800/Month is spousal, which we in turn did an amendment to cut it back to $300/Month which I was never given my copy back, so if she doesn't file that they will think I am behind $2500.

but on a positive note, she has been served with my financials, affidavit and application! so I hope things will get rectified as soon as possible but I have serious doubts!

It sounds to me that you have a laid back approach i.e. sitting back and letting your ex drive things...why is this?

NO...FRO can't start collecting money from you without a court order! When an order is issued that involves CS and SS, it automatically gets sent to FRO unless the parties right there both sign a consent form NOT to go thru FRO.

Why didn't you file the separation agreement after the amendment then? Additionally, how did you come to the amount of SS you are paying are on top of CS, as there isn't any tables for SS like CS, and only guidelines to work out SS i.e. with / without CS

Lessons learned...

1. Separate your GF time from your daughter time
      2. if she has a bad dream, stay with her in her room
      3. obviously your ex isn't happy that you are banging some other woman
      4. is more than happy to make up stories about you, and is being given a platform because she is female i.e. mom knows best ridiculous mantra
      5. Stop future cheques pronto.
      6. continue paying your CS, and let her make a case for SS
      7. Finally, go file the agreement you have in court to make it official, and stop the pussy footing

Comment

Yesterday i get a notice from FRO that a case has been open. So my question now is can FRO collect for a separation agreement not court ordered or issued?
        Section 35(1) of the Family Law Act provides:

"A person who is a party to a domestic contract may file the contract with the clerk of the Ontario Court of Justice or of the Family Court of the Superior Court of Justice together with the person’s affidavit stating that the contract is in effect and has not been set aside or varied by a court or agreement."

and section 35(2) of the Family Law Act provides, in part:

"A provision for support or maintenance contained in a contract that is filed in this manner... may be enforced ... as if it were an order of the court where it is filed."
        Ottawa Divorce

Comment

Originally posted by serendipitous View Post

Lessons learned...

1. Separate your GF time from your daughter time
          2. if she has a bad dream, stay with her in her room
          3. obviously your ex isn't happy that you are banging some other woman
          4. is more than happy to make up stories about you, and is being given a platform because she is female i.e. mom knows best ridiculous mantra
          5. Stop future cheques pronto.
          6. continue paying your CS, and let her make a case for SS
          7. Finally, go file the agreement you have in court to make it official, and stop the pussy footing
          I started the Application, so I am waiting for responses etc to proceed, and her to supply her financials. I am doing everything with due dilligence. My only mistake is thinking the good of someone I thought I knew for 20 plus years. My GF and I live together, so perhaps GF is a wrong terminology for that. CAS was very good to deal with, and took our statements. My ex is just grasping at straws.

I have no problem with FRO involvement as I am up to date and make my payments as I am suppose to, it will just delay her getting her money that's all.

I have put stop payments on all cheques issued to her, thanks goodness.

Comment

Theres no harm in contacting FRO at the number they provide and asking questions. Getting the letter from them is a shock for sure but they are actually quite reasonable and able to answer questions.

Comment

Yes I actually just have a pin, not a case number as of yet. So I am waiting on that, however she has post dated cheques, so that concerns me as I don't want double payments taken, or i won't be able to survive financially, it's hard enough with one payments as high as they are right now.

Comment

Yes I actually just have a pin, not a case number as of yet. So I am waiting on that, however she has post dated cheques, so that concerns me as I don't want doubleo payments taken, or i won't be able to survive financially, it's hard enough with one payments as high as they are right now.
                Then log into your bank and put a stop to those post dated cheques. It's not your job anymore to worry about your ex...she is your ex for a reason, and your focus needs to be on the child, not on some namby-pamby adult that feels entitlement just because.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                Working...
                X