This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Document Request

We just got our the Trial Management Conference Brief from my husbands ex. She is requesting a copy of my criminal record. I am not a party to the proceeding. Is this allowable? I don't have a criminal record so I don't care if she gets it but I called the OPP here and I have to pay to get a copy of my criminal record.

Is there any reason why she is requesting this?

If you don't care if she gets it... I'd offer it if she agrees to cover the costs associated with you getting it.

Comment

She didn't give a reason. On the Trial Mgmt Conference form it just says under other procedural issues, Criminal Record of Respondent and his Spouse. And I've never been in trouble with the law so I really have no idea why she would request it.

Comment

Well, they don't know that you don't have a criminal record, so they're fishing. Kinda dumb strategically I'm thinking. What's that old line for lawyers? Never ask a question if you don't already know the answer?

Tell them you will be happy to provide it at their cost. And then when it shows up with nothing, they will have asked for evidence that only makes you look good, and maybe even makes them look bad for asking.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
        Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
        Working...
        X