This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After all the stress is gone...

I have been going through a very stressfull divorce, especially with child costody. Now that it's all been resolved, the divorce papers are filed, the house is sold, and we have both moved on with our lives.

We get along allright now, and are able to communicate.

My question is this: Now that all the stress is gone, after 3 years of it, I seem to be having a hard time adjusting. My body is so used to being stressed that now that I am happy, I am soooo tired. I can sleep 12 hours a night at least twice a week,and get 8 hours most other nights, but I am still tired.

Has anyone else experienced this? I know I am not depressed, because I am happy, want to do things, keep my house spotless, cook, do activities with my daughter, and have a wonderful boyfriend. It's just that I seem to not be able to catch up on sleep.

Does this seem normal? Is my body just re-charging after years of high stress????

It's quite common that after all the stress of a divorce that the body and mind are in deficit both to good sleep and rest. It happened to me as well and I am sure many others - I could sleep for days after I got my wind in my sails again.

Enjoy it while you have it. Stress in never too far away.

Comment

It's a normal reaction to stress. Enjoy your sleep, eat healthy and get plenty of exercise.... consider this your time to concentrate on you.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
      Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
      Working...
      X