Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law

Divorce & Family Law This forum is for discussing any of the legal issues involved in your divorce.

Closed Thread

Old 07-11-2011, 04:35 PM

Bonafide is on a distinguished road
Exclamation OCL Disclosure Meeting - What are our rights?

As a step parent, I have had to submit to invasive, private and confidential probing: police record checks (as the mother stated I had a criminal record - which I do not and has been proved), a letter from my doctor concerning my mental stability (another issue brought about by the mother), one interview in my home, where the OCL Investigator spoke in a harsh tone, ridiculed my involvement in the children's life and how I had been communicating the issues we'd seen with regard to lack of care for the children involved and then another meeting (which I had my lawyer attend) to discuss the findings (or lack thereof) from my police record checks, where the OCL worker was sweet as pie.

Now we are a day away from the Disclosure Meeting and the OCL Investigator and oppositions Legal Representation are stating that, as I am not a party to this court case and as such I am not permitted to attend.

Share with me your thoughts, experiences and if you have any reference to materials that might be of assistance in this, your help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you all in advance. Please ONLY PRIVATE MESSAGE me, as I am still being watched! Hello FANS
Old 07-11-2011, 05:25 PM

Pursuinghappiness will become famous soon enough
Default ???

You're being watched?!? Why would someone care about you posting a question on here? That's just really strange.

And anway, If you want some advice or someone else's experience...why would anything another forum user says about themselves and their experience have to do with anything about you?

Man, I hope I never get that paranoid...wierd...lol.
Old 07-11-2011, 06:32 PM

staysingle is on a distinguished road

You are not going to be party to the disclosure meeting with the OCL. However, do inform your partner to call you before any agreements are signed. Depending on what is recommended, the lawyers and the OCL investigator will try and get the parties to consent to the recommendations.

Don't sweat not being there, but do demand to be in the loop after the OCL revels their position.

Good luck.
Old 07-11-2011, 06:43 PM

Thanks staysingle.
Old 07-11-2011, 06:49 PM

I guess I'll just make the best of it and enjoy my one-on-one time with the children. We'll have a fun day, while the rest of them can sweat it out
Old 07-11-2011, 06:52 PM

staysingle is on a distinguished road

Good attitude !
Old 07-11-2011, 06:54 PM

Thumbs up Celebrating the Positive amongst the Negative!

With all the negativity, we still try to make the best of every day and quality time spent with the children is always atop our list of priorities.
Closed Thread