Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Financial Issues

Financial Issues This forum is for discussing any of the financial issues involved in your divorce.

Closed Thread

Old 04-07-2011, 11:08 AM

Fedupandtired is on a distinguished road
Default Couple questions regrading financial statement.

I am filling out my forms and have a few questions I can't seem to find answers too. My two step children live with here in our home along with the son I have with my wife. As I fill out these forms do I include all children or just the baby? My wife gets child support from her ex. Just wondering how to go about filling out school $$$ and supplies? Do we put all of our money in one pot? Or just my income?
Old 04-11-2011, 11:33 AM

Just wondering if anyone can help?
Old 04-11-2011, 04:56 PM

Mess is a jewel in the roughMess is a jewel in the roughMess is a jewel in the roughMess is a jewel in the rough

Financial disclosure is your full financial disclosure, so include all household expenses and all income for you and your spouse. That doesn't mean that your spouse's income "counts" but it means that you have to show a fair and accurate picture of your family budget. This is primarily for consideration of issues like undue hardship. Even if neither side is making a hardship claim, the disclosure still has to disclose.

When you are detailing expenses, I would take the yearly total and divide by 12 for the monthly amount. For example you wouldn't pay tuition throughout the year, you'd pay a lump sum or larger payments during ther school year, but those don't reflect your average monthly budget.

I believe the financial disclosure forms have all entries as monthly amounts, it's a while since I did mine but that is how I did it.

I am anal about my expenses for the kids, I have a separate account for them and use a debit card to buy things like school supplies or to do a monthly stock up at the drug store for Transformers band-aids and Spider-man toothbrushes. So I can look at the statement for one account and detail what the expenses were in each catagory and easily come up with an average throughout the year.
Old 04-11-2011, 05:44 PM

Thanks for responding. This statement is difficult in some areas. My wife gets child support from her ex..so am I right in disclosing this? Yes the forms are in monthly. I'm not filling this out because of hardships..I have a settlement coming up next week. (She wants retro pay from 2005?) I thought they only go back three years? I've always paid the table amount and on time so I can't see her getting any retro.
Closed Thread