Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Financial Issues

Financial Issues This forum is for discussing any of the financial issues involved in your divorce.

Old 10-16-2020, 04:11 PM

dealingWithEvil is on a distinguished road

I disclosed my financials as per my final court order and asked for some in return. We were supposed to do it during COVID but I put it off.

I sent the Form 20 dated September 1 2005 and asked for financial documents required by section 21(1) of the Guidelines and other information we were required to change the support amounts.
We are supposed to exchange CCB information too.

The other lawyer said "no":
"Form only applies to CAS matters as per Rule 20(3)(b) of the Family Law Rules." they also said the file is closed and so he will not be giving you any disclosure.

https://www.ottawadivorce.com/forum/...ad.php?t=12960

I have the forms I need to change support: Form 15, 15A, 35.1, 13.
BUT I don't have the information for exchange in the court order.

So I have to file a Motion to Change and start a whole new thing?
Or do I just file a Motion to obtain the required documents.
What is the deal with form 20?
Old 10-16-2020, 04:21 PM

rockscan will become famous soon enoughrockscan will become famous soon enough

His lawyer is an idiot. As long as there is child support to be paid, he is obligated to provide financial disclosure. You can respond and advise the lawyer of that. For instance:

Thank you for your response however you are incorrect. Your client is obligated to provide ongoing financial disclosure as per the Federal Child Support Guidelines and item XYZ in the order (ATTACH THE ORDER). Should your client refuse to provide proper financial disclosure by DATE, I will be filing a motion for disclosure and seek costs. I appreciate your immediate attention to this matter and look forward to receiving those documents.

If you think their income has increased then I would have the motion to change ready to go. You can simply put in there to be determined by the court where it asks for support amounts and also add in your document that you provided disclosure on said date and requested disclosure twice but was denied.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk