Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

New posts


  Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Financial Issues

Financial Issues This forum is for discussing any of the financial issues involved in your divorce.

Thread Tools
Old 10-16-2020, 04:11 PM
dealingWithEvil dealingWithEvil is offline
Junior Member
Join Date: Jan 2020
Posts: 5
dealingWithEvil is on a distinguished road

I disclosed my financials as per my final court order and asked for some in return. We were supposed to do it during COVID but I put it off.

I sent the Form 20 dated September 1 2005 and asked for financial documents required by section 21(1) of the Guidelines and other information we were required to change the support amounts.
We are supposed to exchange CCB information too.

The other lawyer said "no":
"Form only applies to CAS matters as per Rule 20(3)(b) of the Family Law Rules." they also said the file is closed and so he will not be giving you any disclosure.

I have the forms I need to change support: Form 15, 15A, 35.1, 13.
BUT I don't have the information for exchange in the court order.

So I have to file a Motion to Change and start a whole new thing?
Or do I just file a Motion to obtain the required documents.
What is the deal with form 20?
Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2020, 04:21 PM
rockscan rockscan is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 5,455
rockscan will become famous soon enoughrockscan will become famous soon enough

His lawyer is an idiot. As long as there is child support to be paid, he is obligated to provide financial disclosure. You can respond and advise the lawyer of that. For instance:

Thank you for your response however you are incorrect. Your client is obligated to provide ongoing financial disclosure as per the Federal Child Support Guidelines and item XYZ in the order (ATTACH THE ORDER). Should your client refuse to provide proper financial disclosure by DATE, I will be filing a motion for disclosure and seek costs. I appreciate your immediate attention to this matter and look forward to receiving those documents.

If you think their income has increased then I would have the motion to change ready to go. You can simply put in there to be determined by the court where it asks for support amounts and also add in your document that you provided disclosure on said date and requested disclosure twice but was denied.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Should He Exchange Financials - Vote now (please) newone Financial Issues 4 06-02-2011 06:26 AM
File with the courts? Proposal to settle financials gzy039 Financial Issues 4 01-24-2010 02:37 PM
Won't submit financials. What now? 2boys Financial Issues 6 11-23-2009 10:11 PM
Motion To Disclose - Extenuating Circumstances Deadbeat Tracker Divorce & Family Law 0 10-05-2009 10:48 PM
Broader Motion to Disclose Deadbeat Tracker Financial Issues 8 09-16-2009 07:25 AM

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:12 PM.