Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks everyone, going to get one at lunch today. I'll try it with a buddy and see how well it works.

Comment

Originally posted by Teddie View Post
      Did you keep it in a pocket, under a shirt?
      I kept it in my shirt pocket. Failing that, I would put it on a chain and keep it around my neck.

Also, can someone briefly describe what an ex-parte order does?

Thanks
      Ex Parte is a motion that only the motioning party attends. It is pretty much latin for "(by or for) one party".

Comment

I picked one up on sale at Staples for $29, a sony that records something like 24 hours, it comes with software to convert to mp3 and it will slow the recording down without changing the intonation so that you can transcribe easily. I got it to record in classroom because I tend to get more involved in discussions and then don't take enough notes, anyway it works very well. One thing I would recommend is a discreet microphone that you could clip just outside your pocket and keep the recorder in your jacket or pants pocket. They do record from in a pocket but not as well.

Comment

Note: Digital recorders work best from shirt pocket, if you can conceal it. Test it, upload it, and play it back to ensure good sound recording quality. If the quality suicks, try it in a pants pocket, with an external mic. Test it until you get clear sound, then you are good to go...These devices are not meant for spy-recording, they are meant for sitting on a table during meetings...

And, if you ever get caught recording, don't give into the bullwad that it is illegal to record without their permission....one-party consent is fine in ontario. And, if it is a telephone call, record it on speakerphone..."oh, just a second, I'm gonna put you on speakerphone so I can........wash dishes/clean the toilet/take the garbage out/whatever." A person is not legally entitled to any privacy on speakerphone, and thus, the recording CAN be used, as long as both parties know it is on speakerphone. Love those loopholes

Comment

Works better when you are inside. I used mine the other day outside and it was a windy day. You can make out what we are saying but it's hard at times with noises in the background, cars etc. Hope it's alittle clearer when I download it to the computer. It was in my pant pocket, not the best place for it.
            Make sure you test it! Make sure you get good batteries and know how to use it before hand!
            Mine was about $60. Wanted one that had longer minutes to record. Our conversation lasted about an hour.

Comment

Well Teddie, did you get one?

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
              Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
              Working...
              X