Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• section 7 expenses and FRO

Just wondering if anyone can answer this,

I have a court order stating that ex is to pay 65% of approved sports that we have both agreed upon. We both agreed on a certain sport that both children have been playing for years. Ex is now refusing to pay his share, is there any way to that FRO can enforce this? I thought I had read somewhere that as long as I have a court order and receipts that FRO can deduct his share. Is there any truth to this??

@Demi.....

I have a court order stating that ex is to pay 65% of approved sports that we have both agreed upon.
    Note the words in bold

We both agreed on a certain sport that both children have been playing for years.
    Agreed on a sport together yes, but did you agree on signing the kids up for the sport in the year in question?

The answer is between the lines in the court order that you have.....most disputes surround extracurricular expenses usually boils down to the "I did or did not give consent to kid being signed up for the activity for that year/time/period"

Yes the kids have done the sports for years, both parties still have to discuss it before kids are signed up....that way it doesn't become a unilaterally decision.

If you don't mind me asking.....if you were the one that had to pay 65% of costs, won't you have wanted the other party to ask you first? Just curious

Comment

Originally posted by FWB View Post
      @Demi.....

Note the words in bold

Agreed on a sport together yes, but did you agree on signing the kids up for the sport in the year in question?

The answer is between the lines in the court order that you have.....most disputes surround extracurricular expenses usually boils down to the "I did or did not give consent to kid being signed up for the activity for that year/time/period"

Yes the kids have done the sports for years, both parties still have to discuss it before kids are signed up....that way it doesn't become a unilaterally decision.

If you don't mind me asking.....if you were the one that had to pay 65% of costs, won't you have wanted the other party to ask you first? Just curious
      Can't wait to read the answer to this wuestion!

Comment

Mother - I'm curious. Are you male or female? I am yet to see a post from you where you express yourself in the 1st person.

Comment

Originally posted by arabian View Post
          Mother - I'm curious. Are you male or female? I am yet to see a post from you where you express yourself in the 1st person.
          Dear Arabian, I am puzzled as to why are you puzzled? I've never met a male-mother in my entire life. Have you? Are you puzzled because having a nick name "mother" here I seem to be pro-male character?

And I express myself very specifically when I say "I want to see the answer to this question". Can't be more specific unless you teach me how..

Peace!

Comment

Simply curious is all. My question is with regards to most of your previous posts. Subterfuge is alive and well on public forums is it not?

peace to you too.

Comment

Simply curious is all. My question is with regards to most of your previous posts. Subterfuge is alive and well on public forums is it not?

peace to you too.
              lol like WDs ex who used the handle "confusedmommy" then tried to say that they were male?

Comment

Yes I recall 'confusedmommy'

I have observed "coming out" at a later date... I often wonder what the point is as we all use different names on here!?!

Comment

peace to you too.
                  That's true but to make it crystal clear to you, I am as woman as it gets and straight as an arrow too (yeah, I know, this one is sooo old fashion) lol

You are confused because I often talk about Parent A and Parent B and there is a reason for this.

Comment

Oh no!

Ladies and Gentlemen, I am a WOMAN!!! Was actually born this way.

Comment

Most people post about their own personal experiences (self or family or close friends). While no one is under any obligation to reveal their gender, I personally find it helps to put things in perspective.

Comment

Most people post about their own personal experiences (self or family or close friends). While no one is under any obligation to reveal their gender, I personally find it helps to put things in perspective.
                        I am in one of the categories you described. Trust me, I am not here because I have nothing to do. I wish...

As to the gender thing, I agree with you. There are some members here who are afraid to reveal their gender and I find it silly.

Comment

Can't wait to read the answer to this wuestion!
                          Glad am not the only one thinking that way

Dear Arabian, I am puzzled as to why are you puzzled?
                          Valid puzzle
                          I've never met a male-mother in my entire life.
                          Well...there is the Sea horse, where the male is the one that carries the baby. Just saying

Ladies and Gentlemen, I am a WOMAN!!! Was actually born this way.
                          Are you saying you are lady Ga-Ga now?

I guess another reason I posted the question, is because nobody will like expenses to be racked up in their name just because, only to be sent a receipt about something they knew diddly-squat about.

It's easy to spend somebody else's money innit?
                          Last edited by FWB; 01-19-2014, 05:14 PM.

Comment

Glad am not the only one thinking that way
                            Nope you are not the only one. I am with you on this one.

Well...there is the Sea horse, where the male is the one that carries the baby. Just saying
                            Never knew about the poor Sea Horse male and let me assure you: I am NOT a Sea Horse. LOOOOL

Are you saying you are lady Ga-Ga now?
                            Good one. Didn't realize when I posted it No I am not lady Ga-Ga. Wow! I have to explain all the details of me being hmmmm ME!

I guess another reason I posted the question, is because nobody will like expenses to be racked up in their name just because, only to be sent a receipt about something they knew diddly-squat about.

It's easy to spend somebody else's money innit?
                            I couldn't say it better myself but what do I know? I want to read the OP's response.

Comment

Wow! I have to explain all the details of me being hmmmm ME!
                              Not to me you don't....there are more things in life to occupy ourselves with, well, some of us anyway.

It's OK though, Freudian slips are part of everyday life.

Side Note: It's not only the sea horse that does that Additionally, do you know the African Honey Badger is immune to any kind of venom. This is perhaps how folks dealing with toxic ex's should approach things

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                              Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                              Working...
                              X