X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello!

Hi everyone,

I am new to the forum so I am introducing myself.

I have a signed agreement with my ex that says we share joint custody of our son. I thought having an agreement, which we both paid lawyers to write and look at, was the end. We still argue over some things but I think everyone does that with their ex. Otherwise you'd be together right? lol.

I'm hoping to get some advice on what to do "after the end". Part of the reaosn I thought a separation agreement was good was to put an end to all the petty stuff, like dropping off for access 20 minutes late when she knows we have dinner plans with family.

I've read a few stories here and it seems a lot of people had it a lot worse than I do. We didn't go to court or have to get divorced.

Take care,
    DadwithSon

Originally posted by DadwithSon View Post
    Hi everyone,

I have a signed agreement with my ex that says we share joint custody of our son. I thought having an agreement, which we both paid lawyers to write and look at, was the end. We still argue over some things but I think everyone does that with their ex. Otherwise you'd be together right? lol.

I'm hoping to get some advice on what to do "after the end". Part of the reaosn I thought a separation agreement was good was to put an end to all the petty stuff, like dropping off for access 20 minutes late when she knows we have dinner plans with family.

I've read a few stories here and it seems a lot of people had it a lot worse than I do. We didn't go to court or have to get divorced.

Take care,
    DadwithSon
    Welcome to the forum!

Comment

Hello, and welcome to the forum.

Comment

Welcome to the forum!

There are a great number of people here that offer some amazing advice and insight into very difficult situations.

Angie

Comment

Originally posted by DadwithSon View Post
          Hi everyone,

Take care,
          DadwithSon
          There really isn't anything you can do when the other parent drops/picks kid up 20 minutes late, except plan for it - especially if it happens often.

Twenty minutes is nothing - and if that irritates you enough to commence legal proceedings, I'm afraid you're in for a very costly lesson.

But anyways - welcome!

Comment

Good book to read that has help me with my stbx.....

Joint Custody with a Jerk: Raising a Child with an Uncooperative Ex, A Hands on, practical guide to coping with custody issues that arise with an uncooperative ex-spouse Author Julie Ross and Judy Corcoran. It has helped me with many situations....very easy read and straight to the point.

There are a few suggestions on this in the book that can help you without the wasting money and time on this...good luck and welcome. Just remember one day you may be late too....life happens sometimes.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
            Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
            Working...
            X