This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Solution for shared parenting

I open a new topic as my last one went into a wrong direction. The Australian article is more about children, not parents, and how do children accommodate to shared parenting. (Read Case study: Read Mia's sad story)
    I have a solution: children to stay at the same residence and parents to move. If you want to have 50% then you do the effort, and don’t ask the child/children to do this for your convenience.
    To the argument that it is not realistic the answer is: not so long ago (20years?) a child continuously commuting from a residence to another was not realistic.
    As a child I would have hate such regimen. I loved my room that was my little “residence”. There I had my piano and my guitar, my books and my projects. I would have hated commuting all the time.
    I simply cannot ask a child to do what I would not do.

Originally posted by vts View Post
    I open a new topic as my last one went into a wrong direction. The Australian article is more about children, not parents, and how do children accommodate to shared parenting. (Read Case study: Read Mia's sad story)
    I have a solution: children to stay at the same residence and parents to move. If you want to have 50% then you do the effort, and don’t ask the child/children to do this for your convenience.
    To the argument that it is not realistic the answer is: not so long ago (20years?) a child continuously commuting from a residence to another was not realistic.
    As a child I would have hate such regimen. I loved my room that was my little “residence”. There I had my piano and my guitar, my books and my projects. I would have hated commuting all the time.
    I simply cannot ask a child to do what I would not do.
    Wrong direction? LOL... The participants of your previous thread shared their views based on modern information.

Comment

Wrong direction? Not sure I see that in the civil manner which issues revolving people who are considering it were discussed.....oh wait, it went in a way which you disagree with, oh I get it......

Comment

This is the 'nesting' arrangement. If the parents are very cooperative AND trusting AND have deep pockets (to maintain 3 homes) AND their new partners are VERY accommodating AND new partners don't have children of their own... then sure, it can work.

Comment

Originally posted by vts View Post
          This is also one instance and one side of the story. So I wouldn't call it a case study, more of a statement by one parent who doesn't agree with their outcome.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
          Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
          Working...
          X