Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Even aristocracy has child support/ex problems...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Even aristocracy has child support/ex problems...

In Feb. 16th's National Post;

German aristocrat sued by Canadian-born wife for $3.4M in child support | National Post

“The wife is not obliged to care for her own needs by taking up gainful employment,” their divorce settlement had said.
    Really Beautiful...

Comment

Links before I saw your reply I was going to copy and paste the same thing! That's just crazy.

Comment

So another deadbeat brought to justice. Whether they pay $$$$ or $ they should pay.

Comment

So another deadbeat brought to justice.
          I understood that the mom is going to never have to work again and live off the fact she got in a short relationship for 7 years and managed to get impregnated by the guy.... hardly seems like the deadbeat was brought to justice.

Comment

“The wife is not obliged to care for her own needs by taking up gainful employment,” their divorce settlement had said.
            I wonder what context that statement was put in under; as it seems to be part of their divorce settlement. Honestly, it sounds like they are both in a position where neither of them would have to really work anyway. She was already a designer, and it sounds like they have a bunch of "rich people" endeavours they are involved in, which likely allows this.

Comment

Originally posted by dad2bandm View Post
              I wonder what context that statement was put in under; as it seems to be part of their divorce settlement. Honestly, it sounds like they are both in a position where neither of them would have to really work anyway. She was already a designer, and it sounds like they have a bunch of "rich people" endeavours they are involved in, which likely allows this.
              We definitely aren't in their social circle! I also think it likely that the mother of the "heir apparent" holding down a job is a social no-no amongst most of Europe's aristocratic families, which could be why it was part of the divorce settlement. And... their enormous wealth. She'll be allowed to dabble in the design world.
              Start a discussion, not a fire. Post with kindness.

Comment

I doubt she would never have had to not work if he hadnt impregnated her.. Now Thanks to her gender she is set for life.... I have hard time differentiating this from prostitution

Comment

thanks to his inheritance he can go forward, impregnate another, and lead a very affluent lifestyle...

Comment

Originally posted by arabian View Post
                    thanks to his inheritance he can go forward, impregnate another, and lead a very affluent lifestyle...
                    that his parents willingly gave to him... there is a difference..

Comment

Originally posted by Links17 View Post
                      that his parents willingly gave to him... .
                      as he did to her, in their settlement agreement.
                      Start a discussion, not a fire. Post with kindness.

Comment

that his parents willingly gave to him... there is a difference..
                        Oh please....

I am sure that the guy has a brain. You insult men everywhere by acting like they are simply pawns used by women.

He pursued her. He slept with her without a condom. He didn't have her sign a prenup. I am sure he knew the risk but did it anyway.

If he didn't want to pay for a child, he should have worn a condom, had a vasectomy or masturbated.

Comment

Originally posted by mcdreamy View Post
                          as he did to her, in their settlement agreement.
                          A lie.... it was under threat of trial - I am sure he didn't just agree for fun.

I can make anybody agree to anything if the alternative is a gun to their head (i.e: Trial in a broken system)

The fallacy of settlements is that they are entered into willingly... never accept any unfair settlement because it will ALWAYS be said "you agreed".
                          Last edited by Links17; 02-19-2016, 04:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SadAndTired View Post
                            Oh please....

I am sure that the guy has a brain. You insult men everywhere by acting like they are simply pawns used by women.

He pursued her. He slept with her without a condom. He didn't have her sign a prenup. I am sure he knew the risk but did it anyway.

If he didn't want to pay for a child, he should have worn a condom, had a vasectomy or masturbated.
                            Haha... no pregnancy in the world is worth the milions of dollars that he will have to pay.

No rational person without direct knowledge of family law would ever conclude that a child could cost you tens of millions of dollars...

The sick twisted world of family law....
                            Q: "What do you do for a living"

A: "I got impregnated by a rich guy and left him the following week now I earn way more money than I ever imagined and I will be able to put away enough in my savings account to never have to work again"

Q: "You go girl - this is the equality we fought for!!"

A: "I'm gonna make him pay, that deadbeat!!"

Comment

The sick twisted world of family law....
                              Q: "What do you do for a living"

A: "I got impregnated by a rich guy and left him the following week now I earn way more money than I ever imagined and I will be able to put away enough in my savings account to never have to work again"
                              This particular couple was married for 7 years prior to seperating. I presume the kids were around for a few years prior to seperation.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                              Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                              Working...
                              X