Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law

Divorce & Family Law This forum is for discussing any of the legal issues involved in your divorce.

Closed Thread

Old 05-27-2011, 09:20 AM

winterwolf7 is on a distinguished road

I understand what you mean about evidence not being respected for what it is. My ex wants a lot of money, claiming she was hiding tens of thousands of dollars in hidden savings "from her family" so that when it came time for equalization, she suddenly claimed she wanted tens of thousands of dollars. Well, I lived with her, saw her banking and was reasonably sure she had no vast hidden fortune in her name. So we asked for a simple bank statement showing the money in her name prior to marriage.

She won't produce the proof, instead she gives us a letter from her dad (who is a liar and a thief) vouching that she had money and expects us to accept that and turn over all the money to her.

What I've come to realize is that evidence, proof and documentation are useless outside of court. It's just a giant game of chicken about what you think you can force the other person to accept, irregardless of the facts. However once you're in court, the only thing that should matter is the evidence. No wonder my ex and every one of her myriad lawyers (she keeps switching) have urged us to avoid court.

Congrats on having the strength of character and courage to fight for what you wanted, and suceeding
Old 05-27-2011, 11:51 AM

SillyMe is on a distinguished road

Really great that you posted your experiences and, great you can now move on with your life. I hope you pop in on us occasionally
Old 06-18-2011, 07:44 AM

Kenny is on a distinguished road

Fieldgray:

Thanks for posting your SRL trial experience. As a SRL applicant with an upcoming custody and child support trial, your experience and 'lessons learned' will be valuable to me.

Through research, I have also come to understand the value of the Request to Admit (FLR 22) Form and am currently repairing it for service.

Thanks again for your post.

Ken
Closed Thread