Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law

Divorce & Family Law This forum is for discussing any of the legal issues involved in your divorce.

Old 09-06-2019, 02:43 PM

rockscan will become famous soon enough

I have a very strong feeling that even with his lawyer there he will still cede to his gf. She has taken full control of this situation. She reads all the emails, she sets the schedules, she attends the drop offs, she is at activities, etc. She even goes so far as to engage with mom instead of dad doing it. This goes way beyond interfering. This woman has insinuated herself into this situation as the responding party/defendant/whatever you want to call it.

The OCL even recognized this and pointed it out in their report. Even though a judge and a social worker have said no they still donít get it. Mom2two needs a therapist just to deal with this womanís controlling behaviour.

I donít know if you will ever be able to get through to her that she needs to butt the fuck out.
Old 09-06-2019, 02:55 PM

standing on the sidelines is on a distinguished road

the gf is the puppet master.
Old 09-06-2019, 02:55 PM

Mom 2 Two is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janus View Post
While having a partner in the 4-way is of course wildly inappropriate, perhaps it might make it more likely that he actually comes to an agreement?

Without the girlfriend there, he will probably insist on going home first to think about it, which is of course code for "ask the girlfriend". Is it really that terrible to cut out the middle step? Girlfriend is going to hear everything anyway, maybe if she is actually there she might be more willing to stop the nonsense train.

Again, yes, dad should be thinking for himself. Not everyone does though.

I have considered this thought many many times!! They just asked for an adjournment. Lol. 5th time. Because they know they donít have a leg to stand on... we said no.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-06-2019, 03:44 PM

iona6656 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom 2 Two View Post
I have considered this thought many many times!! They just asked for an adjournment. Lol. 5th time. Because they know they donít have a leg to stand on... we said no.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Good. Someone on here said- the minute you start being afraid of court- you're already losing.

My ex was extremely pissed that after he (finally) replied to my offer, that I wouldn't cancel or adjourn our settlement conference. He was doubly pissed- and let it be known in coparent counselling that he felt like I was deceiving him because I wanted him to work with our PC AND I wanted to go to court to settle things. I remember him saying accusingly in a session- "You're just using the court date to find out my position. And to force my hand into settling"...and I replied "Yes".

He called me railing at me because he thought we should adjourn our SC if we were meeting with our PC and our lawyers to work on a deal. I just played dumb and told him my lawyer said to keep the date and we could just present an offer.
Old 09-06-2019, 04:20 PM

rockscan will become famous soon enough

Theyíre also hoping you will get desperate enough to accept what they offer. Jokes on them, not only will they lose with that approach, they will also end up with costs!!