Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law

Divorce & Family Law This forum is for discussing any of the legal issues involved in your divorce.

Old 04-28-2018, 06:11 PM

arabian will become famous soon enough

HI Sahibjee - I am confused. Did all of this go down at a case conference? or a motion hearing?

I fail to understand the Ontario system. I always thought that case conference judges only could make Orders on simple procedural matters. What you just typed sounds more like a hearing for a motion? I didn't think a case conference judge was supposed to hear motions? Please correct me.

In the past 8 years I have only dealt with matters on motions where there are taped records (later transcribed) of the hearing. I understand that there are not to be recordings of case conferences.
Old 04-28-2018, 06:18 PM

arabian will become famous soon enough

I participated in a few telephone applications/motions last Fall. I have to say that it is very important to keep scrupulous notes and look over transcript carefully. The transcript I received last Fall (November) was full of errors and had me saying words that are not in my vocabulary. There are also obvious omissions of statements that the judge had made (one doesn't forget a judge telling someone they are a "liar" 3 times). I contacted the non-profit organization who look after transcripts and had them review the transcripts. A week later I received a "corrected" copy of the transcript minus the judge's exact words.

I am left bewildered about the veracity of transcripts. Hence in the future I will request that I provide my own transcription recording devices.

This really opened my eyes up. I recommend everyone review transcripts carefully.
Old 04-28-2018, 08:24 PM

kate331 is on a distinguished road

Congrats Sahibjee!!! You got the imputed income even if it was minimum wage and won costs. So the Dr's note with her disability meant nothing to the Judge this time after the Judge requested it?

Your brave to go it alone and call out the Judges for helping your ex. Most imo wouldnt have the guts to do it. I personally find Judges too intimidating

I hope this gives you some well deserved peace moving forward..

Last edited by kate331; 04-28-2018 at 08:26 PM. Reason: sp
Old 04-29-2018, 12:45 PM

sahibjee is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by kate331 View Post
Congrats Sahibjee!!! You got the imputed income even if it was minimum wage and won costs. So the Dr's note with her disability meant nothing to the Judge this time after the Judge requested it?

Your brave to go it alone and call out the Judges for helping your ex. Most imo wouldnt have the guts to do it. I personally find Judges too intimidating

I hope this gives you some well deserved peace moving forward..
Thanks Kate
The Doctor's note did not say she is disabled, it just said she has anemia, I think it would have mattered if I did not lay out that no one in the room (hint to the judge ) had the qualifications in the room to qualify the doctor's note as disability, and that in any case anemia is not a recognized disability, and that despite anemia applicant had been able to hold several jobs in the past.

Plus I made sure to tangle the ex into implicating the judge on illegally helping the her quite a few times on the recrod. That made a huge difference in the judge's final verdict in the case.

Tags
disability, fraud, judicial bullying, motion