Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Parenting Issues

Parenting Issues This forum is for discussing any of the parenting issues involved in your divorce, including parenting of step-children.

Old 01-27-2017, 07:12 PM

e28makaveli has a little shameless behaviour in the past

I went to the school in Petawaw to pick up my children and this woman comes to the school during lunch and takes them away. Then drives them to Ottawa and brings boyfriend again insisting I come into the building even though I asked her to send the kids outside.

What are my options here? Looks like court is my last and only resort?
Old 03-05-2017, 09:53 AM

Aghast is on a distinguished road

If you feel that the boyfriend is verbally abusive and that there is a potential for the boyfriend to injure you, (this doesn't mean just physically) or your children, you can apply for a Peace Bond. Do this ONLY if you are truly fearful, because any hope of amicability in the future will be tossed out the window after this.

Talk to your lawyer about this FIRST because it is a whole other crap show.

Some more, unsolicited, advice is to keep a journal of all your interactions with your ex, your ex's boyfriend and your children. Then communicate via email.

ex: Document items like the story you mentioned where you went to pick up the children and they were gone and then driven to Ottawa.
Document anything the boyfriend does or says.
Document when you call the children; when they visit.
Document all this with dates and times.
Be consistent, be truthful and be on your best behaviour.

Disclaimer: I am not well versed in Family Law. I have only my own experiences. My journal hasn't been used in court yet but I haven't had to go to trial yet either. My journal has, however, helped me recall dates and events which have kept all of my accounts of incidents in order and lends me more credibility (I hope).