Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Parenting Issues

Parenting Issues This forum is for discussing any of the parenting issues involved in your divorce, including parenting of step-children.

Old 01-16-2017, 11:46 AM

LovingFather32 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Summer camp for kids

Does anybody in shared parenting do summer camps for their younger ones?

I want to spend as much time as humanly possible with D5, but this would also be good for her. Sounds so fun. It's done through her girl guides. I just received an e-mail with early bird rates.

Quote:
When girls come to camp there are plenty of opportunities to have fun in the great outdoors, do crafts, join in a campfire sing-a-long or just hang out with camp friends. Check out all of our camp programs to see which program is just right for your camper!
Thoughts?
Old 01-16-2017, 12:36 PM

arabian will become famous soon enough

camp is an awesome experience for children. In fact I feel sorry for children who don't get to experience summer camp.
Old 01-16-2017, 12:40 PM

good_mom is on a distinguished road

Hi LF32,

In my husbands agreement there are details on summer camps. Step-D who is 7 has been going for 3 yrs now. Mom this past summer was saying that D did not want to go but after Dad spoke to D, it was the opposite and since he has it in that he picks 2 weeks of camp as well as mom can pick 2 weeks of camp, she did attend 2 weeks of day camps and loved it.

Mom over the past 2 yrs has not send D for her choice of camp for the past 2 yrs.

Dad has used one that is central for both households...but this year D who takes gymnastics in East end were we are, wants to attend the gymnastics summer camp. He will have issues to iron it on this.

If you want her to attend, you will have to get the other side to agree to it, some areas do have a day by day camps too, meaning that D5 can attend a camp on your time.

Ottawa has great camp programs, from east to west that are fantastic for all kids.

Good luck with this.
Old 01-16-2017, 01:05 PM

Janus will become famous soon enough

I'm sending my kids to camp entirely during my summer time, and losing the time with them. It sucks, and I hate it, but I would hate it even more if they lost out on the opportunity.

It was a rough decision. I'm hoping that if they like it this year, then I can negotiate next year for a more equitable distribution. I'll probably have to foot the entire bill though, which sucks because ex has more money but she is adamantly opposed to camp.
Old 01-16-2017, 06:35 PM
Banned

trinton has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Assuming you share the summer holidays 50/50 right down the middle, then if mom doesn't agree to it, then you could just do it on your own time, as Janus has already mentioned.

If you have to pay for it all, and you're already paying child support, then it's not an ideal decision. Specially if you got S7 expenses to pay on top of child support. You're already being financially roasted.

If their happiness takes priority over your financial stability, then I'd opt out to take em for a vacation. Especially if you're the type of person that needs at least 2 vacations a year. Kids make lots of new friends on Vacation. And so do you.

Last edited by trinton; 01-16-2017 at 06:39 PM.