Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Parenting Issues

Parenting Issues This forum is for discussing any of the parenting issues involved in your divorce, including parenting of step-children.

Old 08-06-2016, 01:27 PM

rockscan will become famous soon enough

Theres also the issue of unjust enrichment. Like the parent who doesnt tell the other parent they have a child and 13 years later comes knocking at the door for 13 years of support.

There are rules about child support. Sometimes these rules dont apply to all cases which is why a judge is required.

If you knew you had to pay child support and refused to not only pay but also update accordingly then youre not getting out of paying.
Old 08-06-2016, 03:32 PM
Banned

trinton has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by MS Mom View Post
This begs the question....

why was your child on welfare while you had the means and ability to pay child support?

why did it take welfare filing suit to collect arrears and on going support for you to pay support?
Those are some harsh questions/assumptions not knowing the history or details.

Last edited by trinton; 08-06-2016 at 03:44 PM. Reason: Small correction
Old 08-06-2016, 06:39 PM

MS Mom is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by trinton View Post
Those are some harsh questions/assumptions not knowing the history or details.
No assumptions. You're bragging about not having to repay welfare for child support. I didn't accuse you of that, you stated it.

As someone who made themselves broke paying legal fees to get child support, it pisses me off that by virtue of not working and not paying, the social services department will take on that task for you so they can get their money back.

Makes me wonder why we wouldn't all collect welfare if we're having trouble getting court orders established for child support.
Old 08-06-2016, 09:08 PM
Banned

trinton has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by MS Mom View Post
No assumptions. You're bragging about not having to repay welfare for child support. I didn't accuse you of that, you stated it.
I never owed them any child support to begin with. I was disputing their claimed amounts to 0$ even if their claim was procedurally correct, which it obviously wasn't.