Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law

Divorce & Family Law This forum is for discussing any of the legal issues involved in your divorce.

Old 01-29-2014, 01:17 PM

Serene is on a distinguished road
Default Orders and attaching calendars

Curious if anyone has an Order that has an attached calendar that spells out access to each parent (access is also written within the Order but since it is a multi week schedule, for clarity and since the calendars already exist - why not attach them?).

If so, what would the appropriate wording be to attach these calendars?
Old 01-29-2014, 01:28 PM

MS Mom is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serene View Post
Curious if anyone has an Order that has an attached calendar that spells out access to each parent (access is also written within the Order but since it is a multi week schedule, for clarity and since the calendars already exist - why not attach them?).

Clarification for whom?
Old 01-29-2014, 01:55 PM

Whomever requires it - the school, the parents, etc.

Many people have a simple two week repeatable schedule, some have a multi week schedule - is it week 1, week 2, week 3, week 4?
Old 01-29-2014, 02:11 PM

A calendar is a good idea to inform the school, etc. But, presumably the other parent was a party to the minutes of settlement and is aware of the schedule and therefore shouldn't require a calendar - and in fact may have prepared one of her own.

If the order is that ambiguous to require a calendar for the parent's clarification then the order isn't very comprehensive.

You can't ammend the court order. Attaching anything to it other than documents that say, in the court order "hereto attached" is probably not a good idea.
Old 01-29-2014, 02:13 PM

Thank you MS Mom but I still would like to know if others have done this and if so what the wording is.
Old 01-29-2014, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Thank you MS Mom but I still would like to know if others have done this and if so what the wording is.
I'm trying to tell you, nicely, that I highly doubt others would have done this.

I've read countless highly contested orders, not one has included a calendar for clarification for anyone.

If you include a calendar, you better include every month until the child reaches 18. Court orders aren't written with the presumption of change. They're written with the presumption of permanance. That's why it's a final order.

I think what you're hoping to hear is "yes, what a fantastic idea. now mom will definitely get it "straight". you just go down to the courthouse and knock on the door of the judge ..."
Old 01-29-2014, 02:35 PM

Pursuinghappiness will become famous soon enough

Quote:
I think what you're hoping to hear is "yes, what a fantastic idea.
MS Mom...I feel its my civic duty to inform you that you are engaging in an exercise in futility....lol.

Just start every answer with "yes you are 100% right and you should control everything"....it will save you some typing.
Old 01-29-2014, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pursuinghappiness View Post
MS Mom...I feel its my civic duty to inform you that you are engaging in an exercise in futility....lol.

Just start every answer with "yes you are 100% right and you should control everything"....it will save you some typing.
I know I know. Thanks for kicking my ass PH. Done.
Old 01-29-2014, 02:55 PM

Tayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant future

Quote:

Quite common that this is done.

For example, details of 2-2-3-3 and 2-2-5-5 access schedules often are included or attached to an order. Justice Czutrin regularly attaches calendars (literally a photo copy of a word calendar) where he spells out the access times and exchange times and locations.

You just reference the attached schedule by letter... The custody and access will be defined as outlined in schedule "a". etc...
Old 01-29-2014, 02:57 PM

arabian will become famous soon enough

I currently have a few draft Orders waiting for opposing counsel to endorse in accordance with the Rules of Court. If opposing counsel finds some gross error in the draft orders then of course my lawyer would agree to and make the revision.

If opposing counsel sends back a response demanding changes, deletions or additions to the draft order my lawyer will, as usual, go directly to the judge and have the draft Order entered into court and request costs.

As my lawyer is an Officer of the Court he is duty bound to produce an accurate Order reflecting the decision rendered in court. This is not an opportunity for opposing counsel to vary the Order or retry the issue.