Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know ... its crazy ... everytime I turn around I hear of someone else. Maybe its just because I am in the situation now and so I hear about it more?
    I'm not sure...I've noticed the same thing. Maybe I just never paid attention before?

What's also strange is that 6 friends and/or work associates have asked me for my lawyer's name since I separated. 4 of those are now in the process themselves (1 is finished). I had a lot of people coming into my office asking me a lot of questions when they found out I was separated. At the time, I thought people were curious and I didn't mind answering questions...now I realize they were trying to decide whether or not to do it themselves.

People tell me all the time how happy I look now and a couple of my friends going through divorces have said some really lovely things about how I inspired them to get out of their own situations and try for a better life. Everytime I turn around..someone else is talking about how miserable their spouse is and how they shouldn't have gotten married or should get divorced. And there seems to be a lot more single people around my age lately.

Makes you wonder....

Comment

Originally posted by Pursuinghappiness View Post
      Its all good if you enjoy dating. I got really sick of it pretty fast. I think I probably would have stopped bothering if I hadn't met Mr. Perfect. The good thing is that so many people are getting divorced, there's a growing dating pool to choose from.
      I have found already the dates I have gone on have opened my mind to things I thought I wouldn't be interested in before. It's very refreshing.

Comment

Originally posted by FB_ View Post
        I have found already the dates I have gone on have opened my mind to things I thought I wouldn't be interested in before. It's very refreshing.
        I am looking forward to that as well ... So far my life revolved entirely around the likes of others. It will certainly be refreshing to try new stuff and live life

Comment

Wrong actually, on many levels.

Originally posted by oink View Post
          Looks like am going to have to setup a workshop on here....

There will be no fees of course charged by yours truly,

- Chivalry should always be up there from the moment you meet that person. I know this might sound weird, but always have a little token gift with you for the person (am not talking jewellery here). If you've been talking for a while, you should know what she sort of likes

- Initiate a hug, Why? You want her to get a sniff of your not-cheap perfume (think pheromones), she will let you know that you smell good, and you can say "thank you". This is huge belive it or not, as men like a nice smelling woman also..it gets you giddy :-) Yes some of us shower every morning and deodorize, but wearing perfume for social meets is OK

NOTE: Not a strong colgne like: Eternity, Polo, Allure or JOOP. You want something soft smelling that isn't off putting....not going to give away one of the ones I wear :-)

- Pay compliment to her on her outfit (Huge brownie point for you)

- eye contact always

- Listen, let her speak (as oppose to liking the sound of your own voice)

- Flirt...touching here and there is good, especially when she cracks a joke (even if it's not funny), acknowledge it with a smile :-)

- Avoid coffee shop "meets", it has a the potential to create awkward thumb fiddling moments of silence. Outside is where you want to be...i.e. park, waterfront, museum, galleries or some fun activity

- Plan the meet mutually (don't dominate), but have suggestions...nothing worse than saying..."whatever is fine with me". Don't do it

- If you haven't tried any of this, and you wonder what you are doing wrong, perhaps it's some of these point I have listed? Tweak your ways and adopt this, and you might just come back here and thank me

- This should get you laid sooner than you anticipated. Well of course this is secondary to good communication and all the other good attributes we look for.

Personally...My approach is exactly what I just listed above, but there is one attribute that automatically captures a woman's attention when we speak before even meeting...."my accent" (I try to draw focus away from it most of the time)

How is all this working out for me? Well, I have never had a problem attracting any woman am interested in (no am not bragging).
          I was going to waste time spelling it out point by point but this I am not a Puzzle Box says it better than I could.

Whatever happened to having self-respect for yourself, and respecting the person you have met, and just being honest with each other? I will not sleep with someone I sense is trying to manipulate me. This is probably why I am not dating.

Comment

Originally posted by Rioe View Post
            Wrong actually, on many levels.

I was going to waste time spelling it out point by point but this I am not a Puzzle Box says it better than I could.

Whatever happened to having self-respect for yourself, and respecting the person you have met, and just being honest with each other? I will not sleep with someone I sense is trying to manipulate me. This is probably why I am not dating.
            Thanks for saying it better than I could.

Comment

Some posts here are way to serious. Lighten up...go find a fwb.

Comment

Volunteering is awesome - good for the body, mind and soul and a great way to stay connected to the human race. I would recommend it to anyone going through a divorce, even if you feel like you want to crawl under a rock and never see another human being. If you can't make a regular commitment, do some one-offs like the Race for the Cure. Getting involved with my church made a huge difference to me.

Comment

Originally posted by stripes View Post
                  Volunteering is awesome - good for the body, mind and soul and a great way to stay connected to the human race. I would recommend it to anyone going through a divorce, even if you feel like you want to crawl under a rock and never see another human being. If you can't make a regular commitment, do some one-offs like the Race for the Cure. Getting involved with my church made a huge difference to me.
                  It was very difficult, but I had taken a break from singing, and after separation got into it again, with both a church choir and a community choir. Actually a choir director had come looking for me and called my ex, who passed him on to me. Having a routine, where I got out of the house, socialized with people and had goals all helped greatly.

Comment

Funny that..we have faith in common, but you come on here and give me a hard time (good thing I can take it though)

I am Anglican, reading the scriptures has helped late at night, and I plan to be more involved with the church.
                    I have taken issue with some things you have said. I've not resorted to ad hominem (like "Geezer").

I was baptized Anglican, and I've been a cantor/choir director in an Anglican church. I'm currently in a United church.

Comment

Hmmm..I would have thought you of all people, in your infinite wisdom, will know based on some of the other words have used on here in passing, that the ad hominem "geezer", was not used in a derogatory way

You might say 'Buddy', I say 'Geezer'....Urband Dict explains it here

I do not live in the US, yes I have traveled and visited family members extensively (35 states at last count) throughout the place, but you couldn't pay me to live there i.e. wild horses couldn't drag me there to make it my abode.

Hopefully, this explains things for you?

Not sure what you mean about the United States, I mentioned the United Church.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                      Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                      Working...
                      X