Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law

Divorce & Family Law This forum is for discussing any of the legal issues involved in your divorce.

Old 11-08-2012, 08:47 AM

FightingForFamily will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by standing on the sidelines View Post
wonder if CAS would back her up in court if she withheld access without a court order?? Or would they say that they didnt tell her to withhold and she misunderstood them (cover their own ass) about the emergency order. Unless something is in writing from CAS I wouldnt trust them. If they open a file on the parent posting what are they going to say, we opened it because she refused to defy a court order??

Court orders are meant to be followed. If a person starts picking what parts they want to follow then the order is meaningless and both parties may end up totally ignoring it.
CAS never puts anything in writing, especially advise they give. I have seen them contacted by phone a day after they tried to give legal advise to someone and they denied they ever said anything. When the other parent contacted them they told that parent a completely different story.

If the OP ended up in court, CAS would leave her to hang.

The CAS wouldn't say they opened it because she refused to defy a court order, they will simply state "they had serious concerns about the safety of the children and that the OP was not cooperating with their investigation."

They get paid by the case, so the more cases they can open and KEEP open, the happier they are. If they are lucky enough to abduct the children they get a huge bonus too. (about $8000 per adoption)
Old 11-09-2012, 02:22 PM

wretchedotis is on a distinguished road

I have had CAS provide me with a letter for the court indicating that they see no problems with my access to my child. So they do put things in writing. CAS has had an open file wih my son going on something like 4 years. I have always found them to be decent, respectful, and resourceful.

If you are a stand up person - you will withstand the scrutiny.

The truth comes out eventually.
Old 11-09-2012, 08:31 PM

Nadia is on a distinguished road

The CAS is getting better at being held accountable. They take complaints very seriously if you write in and copy the director into the letter.
Old 11-10-2012, 08:36 PM

SadAndTired is on a distinguished road

What I find amazing is that many here criticize posters for taking the advice of professionals (doctors, lawyers, therapists, etc.) but I have not yet read where anyone says "You likely shouldn't take the advice of an anonymous poster on a forum who may or may not be overreacting to the minimal information you have given here."

A poster wrote....."If the ex is doing the things your daughter is saying he is, you should WANT CAS to investigate. If the only way they are going to do that is if you send the child back, then do it. You need something."

There is no way I would send my child back into a situation where I thought their safety was in danger simply to "have something". The emotional scars of being abused are very difficult to heal.
Old 11-10-2012, 08:40 PM

blinkandimgone is a jewel in the roughblinkandimgone is a jewel in the roughblinkandimgone is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by SadAndTired View Post
What I find amazing is that many here criticize posters for taking the advice of professionals (doctors, lawyers, therapists, etc.) but no one ever says "You likely shouldn't take the advice of an anonymous poster on a forum who may or may not be overreacting to the minimal information you have given here."

A poster wrote....."If the ex is doing the things your daughter is saying he is, you should WANT CAS to investigate. If the only way they are going to do that is if you send the child back, then do it. You need something."

There is no way I would send my child back into a situation where I thought their safety was in danger simply to "have something". The emotional scars of being abused are very difficult to heal.
Really? No one ever says that?

Interesting. You haven't been here nearly long, nor read nearly anough threads enough to suggest that.
Old 11-10-2012, 08:45 PM

SadAndTired is on a distinguished road

Fair point Blink. I have edited my post for clarity and to be more appropriate.
Old 11-11-2012, 05:37 PM

Tayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant future

Quote:
Fair point Blink. I have edited my post for clarity and to be more appropriate.
It didn't help...

Just to shed some light... If what the OP is stating is true, they would just do it and not come to a message board to ask for advice, then come back and say they were right about the advice given etc... Blah blah blah...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M%C3%BC...en_by_Internet
Old 11-12-2012, 04:13 PM

wretchedotis is on a distinguished road

Quote:
What is described does not equal 'safety' issues, or 'abuse'.
This is why CAS has not acted.
Old 10-15-2013, 09:42 AM

scarycheri is on a distinguished road
Default For the record

x

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Last edited by scarycheri; 10-15-2013 at 10:15 AM. Reason: more info