Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > General Chat

General Chat This forum is for discussing anything that doesn't fit into another forum, or for discussing things that are off topic, or just for general venting.

Old 08-06-2019, 07:15 PM

cranberry is on a distinguished road
Angry Priorities

This is a pure rant and nothing else.

One of my posts was about S7 and two kids requiring multiple teeth pulled to prevent significant damage to adult teeth placement. My ex refused to help pay the huge upfront costs and still does.

The kids and he were just on the phone. I usually remove myself from ear shot but he insisted on calling while I was cooking dinner and the boys insisted on remaining in the living room, i.e. I do not listen in on their conversations. So, one of his hobbies is growing bonsai. I guess the heat is not good for them. He told the boys he and his wife had to call now because they were heading out to buy a new fridge to put the bonsai in. Not a kijiji fridge but brand spanking new.

Yup, I know where your priorities lie.

Rant over.
Old 08-06-2019, 11:25 PM

arabian will become famous soon enough

whadoyamean by "huge upfront costs" for tooth extraction?

Is this a quote from an oral surgeon?
Old 08-07-2019, 10:07 AM

Janus will become famous soon enough

Will the costs be covered by benefits? In other words, will you eventually be reimbursed for your large upfront costs?
Old 08-07-2019, 10:50 AM

Berner_Faith will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janus View Post
Will the costs be covered by benefits? In other words, will you eventually be reimbursed for your large upfront costs?

According to her last post itís covered under his benefits and it looks like a request for coverage was sent in... but I guess the problem would be getting him to give that money back to her

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-07-2019, 11:00 AM

Two kids requiring 13 teeth removed between them at $160 each. This has already been discussed in my post about him not helping with the huge upfront costs, claiming the extractions are not S7. This was just a rant at his skewed sense of priorities. Yet, I am the unfit mother who does not care about her children because I don't have $2100 to pay upfront. Ya, right. It was a fluke that I heard this conversation and I vented in a safe place. Won't help pay dental costs for our kids but buys a brand spanking new fridge for his bonsai? Yup, he's got his priorities straight.
Old 08-07-2019, 11:36 AM

Janus will become famous soon enough

Assuming that it is covered under his benefits, what will be the net cost?

If he does not refund the money he will receive you will have to go to court. I'm not sure if that would be family court or small claims court?

For my children, I had similar problems with my ex. I found a dentist that billed the insurance directly. Problem solved. I know you were not asking for solutions, you just wanted to rant, but that's what I did .
Old 08-07-2019, 12:31 PM

Mom 2 Two is on a distinguished road

I face the same issue. My ex claims he has benefits for the kids. Refuses to disclose who they are with or a plan number. I send him receipts for him to either claim or pay his half of for medical and dental. He ignores. There seems to be no recourse for this kind of thing.

I believe my ex is ripping off insurance. As insurance would have no clue there is a primary plan in place already with my employment.

Old 08-08-2019, 07:06 PM

Mine claims to have sent a ltter to his provider saying I am committing insurance fraud. How I have managed to do that without my own provider escapes me .
Old 08-09-2019, 01:42 PM

Mom 2 Two is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by cranberry View Post
Mine claims to have sent a ltter to his provider saying I am committing insurance fraud. How I have managed to do that without my own provider escapes me .

Wow just brutal. Sorry you experienced that. I donít believe my ex or his gf have benefits. If they did why is it a secret and why havenít they disclosed is as they were ordered to do so...

It kills me how crazy people are and how they continue to get a way with the deception. ;-(

Old 08-09-2019, 07:12 PM

arabian will become famous soon enough

I don't understand child support stuff regarding insurance payments for things such as dental.

I'd get an Order the other side has to pay their proportionate amount FORTHWITH. If they do or do not want to use insurance - does it matter? Bottom line - they pay their share. Then you request your legal costs and the other side hopefully smartens the fuck up.