Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Parenting Issues

Parenting Issues This forum is for discussing any of the parenting issues involved in your divorce, including parenting of step-children.

Old 09-07-2016, 08:11 AM

Acadia71 is on a distinguished road

No I'm home for the 6 off.
Old 09-07-2016, 09:02 AM

Tayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by dantheman71 View Post
Makes sense now, thanks very much for the info!

Ideally I want 50/50 both but there is a chance my shift changes to more of an 8/6 rotation soon.

No matter what I want joint on decision making.
CHILDREN FIRST!

job second.

There are child care providers that you can hire to retain 50-50. People who toss their children around because of their shifts really need to realize that they don't have to be with their children 24x7 when they reside with them. Also, they need to realize that the other parent is on the hook for the portion of child care too.

Never give up time with your children to the other parent because of "shift work".
Old 09-07-2016, 10:16 AM
Banned

trinton has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by dantheman71 View Post
No I'm home for the 6 off.
There should be no reason as to why you shouldn't have those 6 days then.

It should be an issue of cost analyst at this point - is it worth going to trial for the extra 10% time? I would say even an extra 5 minutes of time with your child is worth going to trial for.

If you're going to trial to get that extra day (where the child would likely be in daycare) - if other parent is available then you're just increasing your daycare costs - but if this leaves this time open to you to have in case you are taking a day off or if that day falls on a statutory holiday then that can be a good thing to have.
Old 09-07-2016, 11:42 AM

Janus will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Links17 View Post
1. I prefer 50/50 because 60/40 just seems like a number to escape full CS and it is 1% away from that which can be breached by things of life.
To clarify, what Links means is that if you are sick for two days of your custody, you drop to 39.9% or whatever, and then you pay full support. Your expenses will be the same, but your child support will skyrocket.

It is almost impossible to pay table support and provide for your children. 60/40 is one bad cold away from losing your kids.

Quote:
2. I think it more firmly cements in everybody's minds you are both equal parents.
Also important. At 60/40, she is the real parent, and you are the wallet.

And as others have said. Kids first, job second. Find daycare.
Old 09-08-2016, 08:02 PM

FirstTimer is on a distinguished road

Great comment, do you have examples from CANLII that someone was able to still retain get 50/50.

The scenarios I see where parents lose is Parent A does shift work and during that time, Parent B is available to take child. How do you counter argue against the fact that child could be with parent instead of child care provider?

Nevermind, I found it! In this case, the child care provider was parent A's father and new girlfriend.

http://www.canlii.org/en/sk/skca/doc...&resultIndex=1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tayken View Post
CHILDREN FIRST!

job second.

There are child care providers that you can hire to retain 50-50. People who toss their children around because of their shifts really need to realize that they don't have to be with their children 24x7 when they reside with them. Also, they need to realize that the other parent is on the hook for the portion of child care too.

Never give up time with your children to the other parent because of "shift work".

Last edited by FirstTimer; 09-08-2016 at 08:11 PM.
Old 09-08-2016, 11:53 PM
Banned

trinton has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstTimer View Post
Great comment, do you have examples from CANLII that someone was able to still retain get 50/50.

The scenarios I see where parents lose is Parent A does shift work and during that time, Parent B is available to take child. How do you counter argue against the fact that child could be with parent instead of child care provider?

Nevermind, I found it! In this case, the child care provider was parent A's father and new girlfriend.

http://www.canlii.org/en/sk/skca/doc...&resultIndex=1

Love the case. Thanks. I'll add it to my list.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk