Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Parenting Issues

Parenting Issues This forum is for discussing any of the parenting issues involved in your divorce, including parenting of step-children.

Old 06-10-2016, 04:29 PM

twister777 is on a distinguished road

Pretty sure my wife has every right to stand up for herself. Just because she is my ex she does not have a right to walk all over me or my wife not threaten us.

But my wife also was adult enough about the situation. Calling my ex out on a very obvious lie in a respectful way she did not deserve to be threatened after ward.

Why does he ex wife always trump everyone's feelings and actions?
Old 06-10-2016, 04:43 PM

Berner_Faith will become famous soon enough

It has nothing to do with that, but she is not the parent. Decisions related to access are between you and the ex, not your new wife. Your wife should not have called her out on anything, the simple, I will talk to my husband about it, was all she had to say.

I am the "new" wife, and as I said, I would never get involved in something like that. I do the majority of the pick ups and drop offs because I have a flexible work schedule, but if access times are changing, that is up to my husband and his ex, not me. You have changed your post saying your wife was sticking up for herself, but your first post stated your wife called her out.

Seems like they were both acting inappropriately
Old 06-10-2016, 06:25 PM

stripes is on a distinguished road

Sure, your new wife has a "right" to argue with your ex if she wants to, but does that make it a good idea? Anything involving your ex-wife should stay between her and you, your new wife should keep out, even if she really wants to tell your ex off, call her out, whatever. These are all just words for drama. Berner_Faith has the right idea.