Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > General Chat

General Chat This forum is for discussing anything that doesn't fit into another forum, or for discussing things that are off topic, or just for general venting.

Closed Thread

Old 10-09-2013, 07:37 AM

Tayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by oink View Post
Googleis indeed your friend....waiting for you to dig up where S&T took hers, Tayken, Iceberg and Baldguy...oh, lets not forget arabian, caranna et al

So what has stopped you from going? On second thought, don't answer that

Back on track to WILLS
How did I get dragged into this one? My picture on this site is from the movie advertisements for the movie titled "Taken".

Just to warn everyone posting personal pictures (PH)... I recommend you do not use a photo that scales to any similar photo you have used on social media that may reveal your personal identity. Google image search easily matches to Facebook profiles etc... It is similar to using the same user name on this site as other social media sites. From there often you can find one's public online dating profiles most times... Some times they are not great photos either of angry bald people... Just saying...

The reason being is that if you do post your picture you are providing prima facia evidence to the other party to the content and opinions you have shared here. As you are a very honest person PH, you probably wouldn't deny that you made the postings but, some posters do and then they find themselves in hot water with the court when the evidence is overwhelming on the balance of probabilities that they made the postings.

To prove the identity of someone on this site in a family law matter and the content posted belongs to that party only requires meeting the threshold of the balance of probability. It is not BEYOND REASONABLE DOUBT.

Also, generally speaking PH, your ex-partner from your description thrives on conflict. Why open up an unnecessary can of worms possibly? Why invite him into possibly coming here and attacking you, your postings, and all the potential negativity.

Your identity on this forum is defined by your content, helping others and the thanks you get from so many posters for your contributions. Not your personal identity... We all know you better than a photo could ever reveal based on the thousands of great postings you have here... The help you provide to people.

Good Luck!
Tayken
Old 10-09-2013, 08:42 AM

Janibel will become famous soon enough

Quote:
I got you mixed up with Jenibel....never mind
I haven't posted any photos of myself either, Oink simply saw a reflection in a mirror, since I was posting photos of my recent renovations.

Back to the topic in question - One of the first things that I did post-separation was to have my will changed leaving all and everything to my son. It just seemed like a sensible thing to do. I'd do somersaults in my grave if my Ex were to inherit from me!
Old 10-09-2013, 09:00 AM

caranna is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janibel View Post
I haven't posted any photos of myself either, Oink simply saw a reflection in a mirror, since I was posting photos of my recent renovations.

Back to the topic in question - One of the first things that I did post-separation was to have my will changed leaving all and everything to my son. It just seemed like a sensible thing to do. I'd do somersaults in my grave if my Ex were to inherit from me!
Well, I certainly didn't want my to be ex to access my estate either, so changes to my will were finalized last month. Like Pursuinghappiness, I received a substantial discount from my lawyer.

I left one half of my estate to charity, and the bulk of the remainder to my grandchildren.
Old 10-09-2013, 10:37 AM

Pursuinghappiness will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Just to warn everyone posting personal pictures (PH)... I recommend you do not use a photo that scales to any similar photo you have used on social media that may reveal your personal identity.
I don't use any social media. I've never used FB or any of the other ones. And my ex has tried the cyber stalking method already...it got him no where. He actually installed a key stroke device on my personal laptop during our in-home separation and printed out everything I ever said/sent email-wise or online. It was useless. In fact, it got him in some hot water. He's lucky I didn't decide to go to a criminal lawyer...I was told it was a possibility...the laws are still very gray on some of these issues.

My ex's chance to cause me issues from a custody point of view are very much over...and I certainly am not afraid of him stalking me anymore. My child is old enough and is having enough issues with her father that what my ex needs to worry about is managing his relationship with her and keeping what access time he still has.

If he came onto this particular site..which is unlikely...and read or attacked my postings, I'd simply do what I do with any other repugnant troll on this site and hit ignore.

Quote:
Your identity on this forum is defined by your content, helping others and the thanks you get from so many posters for your contributions. Not your personal identity... We all know you better than a photo could ever reveal based on the thousands of great postings you have here... The help you provide to people
Thank you Tayken...and you're right...although its nice to attach a face to a poster, its probably not very important.
Old 10-09-2013, 10:52 AM

firhill is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Bruv'er...You missed the point and went off on a tangent

Breathe in and out...The poster that went off to find my avatar poster thought he was onto something, and was asking silly questions.
Bro,

I only asked the question because you insinuated that the picture in your avatar was one of yourself based on the following quote........

Quote:
Well....I have nothing to hide either, and my avatar is a testament to that

Quote:

I was merely pointing out that...why doesn't he go do the same search for other people's avatar!
Simple answer to that is that I don't believe the others are full of sh1te
Old 10-09-2013, 12:32 PM

firhill is on a distinguished road

Quote:
You are a piece of work aren't you?
Pot meet kettle

Quote:
Nothing to hide about me, meaning my occupation and what I do..jobwise, get it?
No

Quote:
You asked where the pic was taken, and when you didn't get an answer, you went on a witch hunt.
I asked. You didn't want to answer. I found that odd because you have an answer/comment to/on most questions. I did a simple search. I found my answer. No witch hunt.

Quote:
i.e. what have you done for your country lately?
None of your business.

Now, as a previous poster once suggested......
Quote:
Back on track to WILLS
My apologies to all for my contributions to the sidetrack.
Old 10-09-2013, 03:59 PM

ottawa_divorce_dad is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by caranna View Post
Just returned from a meeting today and this was brought to my attention. Participating lawyers in certain cities will write or update your will free of charge, if you donate to the charity(s) involved. I noticed that my lawyer is one of the participants.

Free Wills Month | Home

I should mention that individuals need to be 55 and over to qualify for this program. If a couple is making "mirror" or mutual wills, it is sufficient for only one of the individuals to be in this age bracket.
I guess I have to remain "will-less" for a few years

Although come to think of it ... after the divorce, there won't me much left to will away so ... its all good i guess
Old 10-09-2013, 04:15 PM

ottawa_divorce_dad is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Ahahahah...but aren't debts transferable?
But would I want to will my debts to my kids? Probably not ... well unless ... never mind ...

Now if I could will my debts away to the ex ...
Old 10-09-2013, 04:28 PM

caranna is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottawa_divorce_dad View Post
I guess I have to remain "will-less" for a few years

Although come to think of it ... after the divorce, there won't me much left to will away so ... its all good i guess
Find yourself a honey 55 or older, pair up and get mirror wills. You should be good. If he/she is rich, even better.

(I married for love not money, but have grown a little cynical the past couple of years.)
Old 10-11-2013, 06:02 PM

SadAndTired is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the comments. The picture is a flattering one. But I guess who would really use an unflattering one? LOL.

I refuse to spend any more time wondering if my ex is going to use things against me. Even if he searches this site and reads every word I have written, so what? I don't want to buy into the whole consipiracy theorist who spend far too much time searching google for pictures that are similar to mine. If less than 5 percent of us will ever end up in court, do I really need to be anxious that my words may be used against me? I have even less worry because I told the truth.

This pic is actually the one I also use for Facebook but, again, so what? You can randomly search facebook and see all sorts of faces.

I was actually impressed when I saw Jeff and some others use their real pictures. I like it and would never sit in judgement of their attractiveness. I, too, just like to put a face to a name Pursuing and wondered if others would feel more comfortable if I threw my pic out there. It isn't a big deal and I think, for the most part, no one really cares.

Hope all is well with everyone.

Last edited by SadAndTired; 10-11-2013 at 06:07 PM.
Closed Thread