Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > General Chat

General Chat This forum is for discussing anything that doesn't fit into another forum, or for discussing things that are off topic, or just for general venting.

Closed Thread

Old 02-08-2013, 04:21 PM

teezy is an unknown quantity at this point

Well, you've informed your friend before she was supposed to meet him, so she's aware of the concern and it's her decision what she wants to do. That's all you can do.

If the sender had legitimate evidence to support what they're saying, they could call the police I guess... but then again, I assume he wouldn't be on the loose if he'd actually hurt "many women".
Old 02-08-2013, 08:21 PM

caranna is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingingDad View Post
Not really divorce/separation related but I wanted to get some opinions on what to do.

I received the following email at my work email:

"Dear [SingingDad], I am writing to express concern for your friend [Friend]. She is friends with a sexual online predator, [man I don't know], who has victimized many women. Please make sure she is safe.

That's a huge responsibility this person is laying on you, to "make sure she is safe." If I were in that position, I would call the police and inform them of the email. From what I have seen on the news, police are very interested in apprehending on-line perps, especially so in the victimization of many.

You've notified your friend and if you also let the police know about the email, that should be enough (I daresay more than sufficient) action on your part, and should set your mind at ease.
Closed Thread