This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy Ending

On Saturday, I will celebrate the 1 year anniversary of being granted sole custody. I was in court action for 3 years and it went to trial. It was emotional hell every day for three years! Some how, some way, each day I got up out of bed and put one foot in front of the other. I wanted to give up. I was broke, defeated, heartbroken, angry, horribly sad and scared,desperate and confused. I couldn't work. My child was my guiding light. Just the thought of him and how much I love him propelled me to keep fighting. It was awful every day for 3 years. I would do it again though. My son is happy and we are rebuilding our lives.

Originally posted by abaker View Post
    I was broke, defeated, heartbroken, angry, horribly sad and scared,desperate and confused. I couldn't work.
    Thanks for sharing this. I am the same way and I am almost giving up. It's good to know there can be a happy ending at the end of the fight.

Comment

Congrats!

I wish I will be able to have the same post one day.

One question thou. Why sole custody?

Comment

Congrat's! I too am in the 2nd year of battle and it's been soooo difficult but I now feel very hopeful about the end-result. I too just take one day at a time and do what I can each day remembering what is really important in life - the children and enjoying their upbringing!

Comment

I am 3 weeks away from my trial for sole custody. It has taken two years of hell to get this far along. You describe perfectly everything I have felt these past two years. It is a national tragedy we tolerate this current family law industry!

Comment

Originally posted by WorkingDAD View Post
            Congrats!

I wish I will be able to have the same post one day.

One question thou. Why sole custody?
            This is what the judge ordered. As Parents we had become unable to cooperate or agree on anything. We live fairly far apart . As well, other parent engaged in cruel parental alienation tactics showing an inabilty to put our son's interests first . This is not the behavior of someone who can legimately co-parent in a 50/50 regime

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
            Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
            Working...
            X