This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Never lived together with the child?

Every law is based on "the spending habits of the parents prior to the separation", or "the parenting roles during the marriage"...I am one of the ladies who never had that...unless I decide to divorce my mom and dad, with whom I lived during the last couple months of my pregnancy until shortly after my son's 4th month! lol

Hubby was in same predicament. He walked away from his vicious verbal assaulter less than 2 months into the pregnancy...and only lasted that long on sheer stubbornness...

Who knows how the parents would have shared the regime, had they ever shared a roof and their child at the same time...or had my ex and I...

The joke in our household is that we need to introduce our exes, so they can discuss us, and see a benefit to their ex! Imagine if you will, a canadian humour short film...or a commercial to support Bill C-422!

The money-hungry ex-wife sitting down to dinner with the absent father...a restaurant setting...romantic, with candlelight and wine...

She begins with how much of a PIA it is to be constantly harassed for simple things like more than just a school picture, or an email from the child once in a while, or (heaven forbid!) having to "allow" any time during the school holidays so that their child can spend her first Christmas with dad, how she does it all with nothing but grief from him...how tough it is to raise a child on only 4K a month...woe is me, poor single mom I am...

The absent father then sharing his issues...the woman never stops emailing and mailing him things! Report cards, school pictures, christmas pictures, access offers...lord, it never ends...losing that 110.00 each month...being guilted by his parents to spend time with his son when he would rather be doing other things...

At the end, both sip on wine as the screen fades to black around them, lost in thought...

I love that image on the bad days!

Then fast forward 20 years and do a spotlight on the messed up child. The viewers see all of the dysfunctional relationships the kid slogs through only to repeat the cycle.

Comment

Originally posted by InterprovincialParents View Post
      Every law is based on "the spending habits of the parents prior to the separation", or "the parenting roles during the marriage"...I am one of the ladies who never had that...unless I decide to divorce my mom and dad, with whom I lived during the last couple months of my pregnancy until shortly after my son's 4th month! lol

Hubby was in same predicament. He walked away from his vicious verbal assaulter less than 2 months into the pregnancy...and only lasted that long on sheer stubbornness...

Who knows how the parents would have shared the regime, had they ever shared a roof and their child at the same time...or had my ex and I...

The joke in our household is that we need to introduce our exes, so they can discuss us, and see a benefit to their ex! Imagine if you will, a canadian humour short film...or a commercial to support Bill C-422!

The money-hungry ex-wife sitting down to dinner with the absent father...a restaurant setting...romantic, with candlelight and wine...

She begins with how much of a PIA it is to be constantly harassed for simple things like more than just a school picture, or an email from the child once in a while, or (heaven forbid!) having to "allow" any time during the school holidays so that their child can spend her first Christmas with dad, how she does it all with nothing but grief from him...how tough it is to raise a child on only 4K a month...woe is me, poor single mom I am...

The absent father then sharing his issues...the woman never stops emailing and mailing him things! Report cards, school pictures, christmas pictures, access offers...lord, it never ends...losing that 110.00 each month...being guilted by his parents to spend time with his son when he would rather be doing other things...

At the end, both sip on wine as the screen fades to black around them, lost in thought...

I love that image on the bad days!
      lol ya that would be quite the movie.

Comment

Originally posted by AnarX View Post
        Then fast forward 20 years and do a spotlight on the messed up child. The viewers see all of the dysfunctional relationships the kid slogs through only to repeat the cycle.
        Bull. I am doing a great job as a parent...so my children will not be a "messed up child"

Comment

Originally posted by InterprovincialParents View Post
          OMG.... what a small world... I had no idea you knew my ex!!

Comment

Originally posted by representingself View Post
            OMG.... what a small world... I had no idea you knew my ex!!
            lol...no, if that were the case, we'd both be looking at a claim of undue hardship:P lol

Comment

Sad that the state of the family in canada has come to that, EH?

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
              Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
              Working...
              X