The Hunted becomes the Hunter....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tayken stop trolling

@trinton - I don't think you know what you are doing, either study up case law or put the motion down and step back.

There are a 100 ways a lawyer can be a crook but there is only 1 way you can catch them out on it. Unless you know EXACTLY that way, and you can prove it beyond the shadow of a doubt - you're just going to come off looking like a nut job. Even if you aren't wrong the system will try to paint you as a nut job.

Once you are declared a nut job, forget about justice. You're done for.

Comment

Originally posted by Links17 View Post
      Tayken stop trolling

@trinton - I don't think you know what you are doing, either study up case law or put the motion down and step back.
      the motion the lawyer brought or my motion to change?

the lawyers motion is done and over with, she didn't get her costs, I really didn't want her to represent me anyways, especially after she filed a motion to get off record

as per the motion to change, next step is to prove material change, then amend and bring in OCL, then proceed to trial.

I'm not doing it alone, trying to decide on a lawyer, spoken with many all wanting to take the case but why is it so hard to make a decision.

Comment

didn't you initially lose and get declared a nut job?

Comment

Yes, but I appealed the nut job declaration and won and it showed how my ex had scammed and I was just being diligent. Since then I have won every single trial

Actually I only really lost the first motion right at separation and only because Quebec automatically grants exclusive possession since then I have won everything one way or another

Comment

It sux to be in a position you were in, fighting the fight you had to keep fighting, guilty until you prove yourself innocent it almost seems, then winning most of the fight, then going after them afterwards for doing what they did to you. Good for you keeping your head straight through all this and fighting through it all, you might as well keep going if its justified and your on a roll! Hopefully we see a lot more middle aged judges of both sexs in the near future, and good luck in your fight! Hopefully you find closure soon somehow and can direct your energy towards other things!

Comment

Originally posted by undersc0re View Post
              It sux to be in a position you were in, fighting the fight you had to keep fighting, guilty until you prove yourself innocent it almost seems, then winning most of the fight, then going after them afterwards for doing what they did to you. Good for you keeping your head straight through all this and fighting through it all, you might as well keep going if its justified and your on a roll! Hopefully we see a lot more middle aged judges of both sexs in the near future, and good luck in your fight! Hopefully you find closure soon somehow and can direct your energy towards other things!
              https://youtu.be/jukv9Q1eR2g

Comment

Yes, but I appealed the nut job declaration and won and it showed how my ex had scammed and I was just being diligent. Since then I have won every single trial

I guess you're not done for after being declared a nut job. If you're declared as a nut job on appeal, then that might be bad I suppose.

Comment

Tayken stop trolling
                  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFeYTLrttKY

Comment

Great to hear that someone can represent themselves and be successful.
                    Congratulations...

Comment

Lawyers would have you believe otherwise....
                      http://www.ottawadivorce.com/forum/f...pay-big-20463/

Comment

The Hunted becomes the Hunter....

Self representation is not for everyone. Your arguments can't be based on personal emotions. They have to be based on facts, rational logic, and family law, case law, and family rules.

You have to be organized and clear of emotions.

And the judge has to like you. "I hate this guy who think he knows it all." Maybe not. In my case I'm not risking it. It's my last chance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

didn't you initially lose and get declared a nut job?
                          Yes, but I appealed the nut job declaration and won
                          If you're declared as a nut job on appeal, then that might be bad I suppose.
                          I think family court would be much more interesting if people could seek this kind of declaration.

"Your Honour, I bring this motion to have my ex declared a nut job or, in the alternative, sort of an ass."

Many people self-represent badly. The take home message from Jeff's post is, "if you are going to do it yourself then do it well".

Comment

Originally posted by OrleansLawyer View Post
                            I think family court would be much more interesting if people could seek this kind of declaration.

"Your Honour, I bring this motion to have my ex declared a nut job or, in the alternative, sort of an ass."

Many people self-represent badly. The take home message from Jeff's post is, "if you are going to do it yourself then do it well".
                            In Quebec you can be declared a vexatious litigant which means you are not allowed to file a motion unless a judge gives you permission (at the minumum)

My experience is that lawyers are as much a hit and miss.

Out of maybe 14 lawyers I dealt with, opposed, or got advice from . I would consider maybe 3 out of 14 were good.

My ex's last lawyer actually did more damage by admitting some things they shouldn't have admitted helping me out in the futre.

Comment

Originally posted by OrleansLawyer View Post

Or, I'm going to grab the bull by it's horn and.. Yeah.

Comment

In Quebec you can be declared a vexatious litigant which means you are not allowed to file a motion unless a judge gives you permission (at the minumum)

My experience is that lawyers are as much a hit and miss.

Out of maybe 14 lawyers I dealt with, opposed, or got advice from . I would consider maybe 3 out of 14 were good.

My ex's last lawyer actually did more damage by admitting some things they shouldn't have admitted helping me out in the futre.

Yes. Lawyers sometimes do more damage than good.

Good lawyers know how to speak. Great lawyers know when to be quiet .

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                                Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                                Working...
                                X