No announcement yet.

confused

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've just joined the ranks of those with lawyers too! I would have much rather spent that retainer fee on S15s sports or other interests.... Oh well.

Comment

Originally posted by wannabehappy1978 View Post
      she's trying to save on costs. those emails to her lawyer aren't free
      How stupid do you think I am?? I know it costs to send emails letters etc. I had to pay a lawyer also. Geesh some people.

The exs wish not to be contacted has to be respected at this time. She can ask her lawyer to keep letters to a minimum or only to send responses on what is necessary. There are ways to pay a lawyer and still keep some of the costs down. Its called "controlling your lawyer"

Comment

So the first appearance for the motion they filed is this week, I have sent a cross motion. Do all motions go to case conference? How long before a date will be decided? I'm still confused if I need to show up for this 1st appearance. My lawyer said no it's an informal meeting.

Comment

And any advice on how to cope with the whole court process... It leaves me with major anxiety and confusion.
          I feel like my ex does not co operate but then is somehow able to turn it around to work against me...
          I need to learn to disengage.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
          Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
          Working...
          X