Mortgage payments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mortgage payments

As you're aware if you've read my posts, my husband is a drug addict and behaving very irrationally and lashes out constantly. Since he's finally figured out that I'm not bluffing about wanting him to leave, he's become really angry. Says I'm a bitch and that this is all my fault for not trying to save the marriage. He stopped paying the only bills he had been paying. I had to pay for the last two gas bills that he refused to pay until he knew where our marriage is going. Now he's just informed me he's only made half of the bimonthly mortgage payment because he "probably" will only be here for the first week.

I don't start my new job until next week. I've now been paying all my bills and his. I only have enough saved up for one payment. Do you think a bank will allow me to skip one payment until I get a first pay? I don't know that will be but I start on the 4th and assume I'll have a pay by the 30th. I'm doing the best I can but he's purposely screwing me and he claims he doesn't care about his credit since it's perfect from coming back from bankruptcy a year ago. He said he knows his legal rights, whatever that means.

It does not hurt to ask.

I skipped a payment when my ex decided to stop paying her share of the mortgage. Most mortgage contracts allow for it.

Comment

Definitely call the bank to see what you can do. They will work with you on your account especially if you are a good client who has not missed payments.

Comment

Originally posted by Janus View Post
        It does not hurt to ask.

I skipped a payment when my ex decided to stop paying her share of the mortgage. Most mortgage contracts allow for it.
        Good to know. Thank you and sorry you went through the same.

Comment

Originally posted by rockscan View Post
          Definitely call the bank to see what you can do. They will work with you on your account especially if you are a good client who has not missed payments.
          This would be the first in nine years and only because he had his name added four months ago.

Comment

Does the mortgage not come out of an account every month? Most mortgage companies allow you to skip a payment or only pay the interest charge. Call ASAP to have something set up...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Berner_Faith View Post
              Does the mortgage not come out of an account every month? Most mortgage companies allow you to skip a payment or only pay the interest charge. Call ASAP to have something set up...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              Thank you. I have an appointment with the bank tomorrow.

Comment

You may also want to ask about differing your payments. I was able to get three months "payment" free, when I lost my job. They simply added it to the end of my renewal date.

Comment

Any payment changes need to be signed by both names on the mortgage, so I can't do it. He is now officially paying for nothing and now he's saying he won't leave until he name is off the mortgage. I feel like I'm being held hostage.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                  Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                  Working...
                  X