Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Travel document notarize fee

Hi,

My ex is traveling out of the country, and I am agreeable to providing the consent letter. I have requested $50 to pay for the document to get notarized and she refuses, should I be incurring this cost when she is the one wants to travel?

Check with your city offices. The clerks office may commission it for less.

If she wants to travel you could ask her for the fee but if she says no, are you willing to fight that fight?

Comment

Thank you Rocksan for the response, I am not willing to fight it,but financially I am running thin, currently paying $200 a month martial arts classes she refuses to contribute ( fight for another day at the settlement conference), and paying for 2 bedroom apartment; my son only sleeps in that room once a week. I am fighting for equal parenting time,and the other day the OCL came to visit the place.

Comment

Travel document notarize fee

Then tell her if she wants the letter she can work to have it notarized. But try the city offices or if you work with someone who can commission oaths, that works too. The letter doesn’t necessarily need to be authorized by a notary but a commissioner instead. I worked somewhere that had a commissioner for my husband to have a similar letter signed and it was accepted at the border.

ETA: martial arts classes may not be considered a section 7 at that cost if you both can’t afford it. $200 a month is a lot and if I recall correctly, you split when your son was young so it wasn’t an existing expense at the split.

Comment

Thank you so much Rocksan, you are always helpful

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
          Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
          Working...
          X