This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• X calls Police

Well I tried to see kids but unbeknownst to me, I had a parking ticket I didnt pay so the X calls the cops as I drove up to see my kids (first time since July! and I have joint custody and alternating weekends).

I wasn't even speeding but I'm told that my license is suspended and now I had to tow my car back 1hour the other way. NOT even seeing my kids.

Told X I filed separation agreement as a court document and she says I'm threathening her and that my 10 and 14yr old can make up their own minds if they want to see me.

Filing motion to change CS and when she finds this out, all hell will break lose. Thinking of filing something to have OCL to do an investigation on the craziness my X is telling my kids.

Advice.

X is actually a bit SLOW since she said she can't wait to get in front of a judge to tell him her BOO-HOO poor me life story. Yes honey, you are first in line. Drag up all the dirt because our court system has plenty of time for that.

Comment

Did you not get the umpteen billion notices they send you telling you that you have parking tickets?

Comment

From last September. I was out of home Dece 2010, living from friend to friend. X gave me mail.....I see it was SELECTIVE.

Comment

Can't believe I married this woman. Other than kids, I never want to see her again. I don't even think I was smiling in the wedding pictures. Forsee miserable life with Kook.

Comment

One eventually ...

gives up the fight, when there is nothing there to fight with. If one fights by the sword, they die by the sword -- if she wants to fight you, its YOUR choice to choose whether to do so ...

I remember in the early days when I separated - I had a choice, a path, actually TWO paths to pick from -- HATE and LOVE. I could hate my ex, fight, name call and all or the alternative was to LOVE her. I choose to love my ex, whilest in the midst of extreme pain. Hate has an adddress in ones body -- you really don't want that, its not worth your health. LOVE on the other hand has an amazing way of making you a better person and you know what -- your kids will pickup on your choice -- so while your ex has clearly choosen HATE possibly as her path, choose LOVE for your path -- kids are smart, they will gravitate towards you like a flower gravitates towards the sun!

Remember, that you can choose to HATE her and this will in turn flame her HATRED even more or you can slowly douse her HATE with your LOVE (your thougths, actions and behavirours) ... for LOVE truly does overcome, if not now, eventually.

Let me tell you that from my experience, that my ex and I are good friends and life is pleasant but only because, we both choose the same path!

You have a choice to make ... hope you choose the right path!

I'll leave the legal stuff to the other great members on here to comment on ... my separation was a spiritual awakening and journey for me so ...

Comment

How can you LOVE someone that calls the police on you for no reason, denies you your kids, talks **** about you to other people - and just routinely wants to make your life miserable?
              Sorry, I don't buy that at all - I tried to be as amicable as I could to my ex, never fighting back when she did something immature - all it did was give her free reign to continue to keep up her campaign of 'how to keep the kids from dad'.
              Now, I'm not saying you have to HATE this person - or at least if you do, don't wear it on your sleeve - just don't respond - isn't that how we tell our kids to react to bullies?? If she (or he) does something to get under your skin, don't react.
              I don't communicate verbally or have any dealings with my ex - we don't agree on anything anyways - and everything is written to her, so there's no he said/she said'' bullcrap - it's right there on the paper.

OP: sorry to hear about your debacle - but don't feed the fire - and document everything.

Comment

Pay the ticket and document the denial of access.

Send your ex an email stating that, due to circumstances outside of your control, you were unable to exercise your parenting time. Had you been notified of the parking ticket, you would've attended to it. Now that you are aware, you've paid the ticket and your license has been reinstated.

As such you request makeup time for the missed parenting time. Even though your license was suspended, there are still activities that you could've done with the children during your agreed time. That you require makeup time as soon as reasonably possible at a time mutually agreeable.

Then advise her that you will be at the prescribed place at the prescribed time to exercise your next scheduled parenting time. Failure to have the children ready for your time will be deemed denial of access and you will seek the appropriate remedy.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                Working...
                X