Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Covid Vaccination for kids 8 and 11.

Hi Forum,

Here's my situation. My kids are 8 and 11, I share custody.

My ex is an anti-vax extremist. I'm 2x-vaxxed and I've had no success in trying to getting the ex to agree to having the kids vaccinated. I've been waiting to see what plays out in the provincial court.

My concern are that cases are +1800 a day now, most of those are un-vaxxed. I understand the vaccine is not 100%, but if we were all vaccinated, then we wouldn't be at +1800.

I'm worried for my kids safety and the safety of others. I have plans with them to visit family over the holidays and I don't want to put anyone at risk.

1. Has anyone seen anything recent since they approved the use of the vaccine for kids (mid November)?

2. Any ideas how I should proceed to get my kids vaccinated, without breaking any family law rules?

thanks again.

" I've been waiting to see what plays out in the provincial court. "

It has already played out. The courts will rule the children get vaccinated.
    Our case was filed as urgent, decided in 30 minutes, judge repeated that there is precedent and this has already been decided. ALL costs assigned to anti-vax parent.

Comment

fyi - most are not unvaxxed:
      In Ontario, yesterday, there were 1808 new cases:
      Unvaccinated - 625
      Partially - 39
      Fully vaccinated - 1046
      Unknown - 98

Comment

Originally posted by gzy039 View Post
        fyi - most are not unvaxxed:
        In Ontario, yesterday, there were 1808 new cases:
        Unvaccinated - 625
        Partially - 39
        Fully vaccinated - 1046
        Unknown - 98
        that is the type of gibberish that someone not wanting their kids to be vaccinated with throw.
        It is a good idea to be prepared to answer this, however, as previously stated judges are not inclined to rule against the government on this policy.

Comment

They’re also ramping up boosters. It shows immunity is waning. The medical experts are pushing vaccination.

If she refuses, you get them vaxxed. She will lose in court.

Comment

So what needs to go into the affidavit to support this. Slam dunks can always be messed up.

Comment

Ask them in writing (if you haven’t already) and then put in the affidavit you want to get them vaccinated and the other parent refuses.

Comment

You need a letter from their treating physician recommending the vaccination. Nothing precluding them from getting it...

Comment

Originally posted by Brampton33 View Post
                  Any actual court decisions dealing with vaccinations for kids under age of 12? My sense is that the government will mandate elementary kids to be vaccinated soon, just like they did for high school and university.
                  Vaccines are not mandatory for high school kids in Ontario. The individual universities and colleges have chosen to implement this policy but it doesnt apply to high school. Well not yet at least.

Comment

Originally posted by Helpmyspouse View Post
                    Vaccines are not mandatory for high school kids in Ontario. The individual universities and colleges have chosen to implement this policy but it doesnt apply to high school. Well not yet at least.
                    Irrelevant for this item.

Comment

Thanks for the responses. Very helpful knowing the courts are moving in the right direction.

Does anyone have any links to the case law I can review?

Comment

Seriously? My post was directed to Brampton33 who had made an incorrect statement about high school kids needing to be vaccinated. That is not true. I can't make a correction for those that do care? And who are you to determine what is relevant or not?

Comment

Originally posted by Helpmyspouse View Post
                          Seriously? My post was directed to Brampton33 who had made an incorrect statement about high school kids needing to be vaccinated. That is not true. I can't make a correction for those that do care? And who are you to determine what is relevant or not?
                          It is irrelevant to the matter. The court will order for the vaccination to be delivered in any case unless they child has a ***TRUE*** exception of which is incredibly rare and medically proven. If the child has an exception it would be well known to both parents and the child would have a serious medical condition that would be well documented.

Suffice to say any parent, in a custody and access battle wants to crush the other parent who is anti-vax it is quite easy to do. You can basically setup the path to majority residency and sole decision making off the back of an anti-vaxer.

When you have someone spouting Donald-trump Q-Anon bullshit in a public court ... its a "basket" case... (or slam dunk).

Anti-vax parents look NUTS in front of a judge. You just have to know how to whip them into a frenzy.

EVERYONE SHOULD BE GETTING THEIR CHILDREN VACCINATED AND THEY THEMSELVES SHOULD BE VACCINATED!

Comment

I would just let the ex take the lead here.

“I’m going to be vaccinating the kids in a few weeks. If you disagree I strongly urge you to file an urgent motion”.

You want to go to court over this. Antivax parents have something approaching a 0% success rate. There is nothing like unsuccessful litigation to stop future litigation.

Alternatively, if no motion is filed, go and vaccinate your kids. You only need one parent to consent.

Comment

Originally posted by Brampton33 View Post
                              I would advise against getting your kids vaccinated absent of your ex's consent.
                              There are two courses of action:

A - get the vaccine
                              B - do not get the vaccine

If the parents do not agree, there is no reason for it to default to option "B".

You give notice, and let the other parent try and stop you if they want. Spoiler: They will not be able to stop you.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                              Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                              Working...
                              X