Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lawyer wrote ex lawyer to tell them they filed wrong papers.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lawyer wrote ex lawyer to tell them they filed wrong papers.

My ex responded to my motion to change wit asking for full custody
    I’m not sure how I feel about this as now it just gives them a heads up to fill out the correct papers. :-(.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well they cant file a response changing it. He would have to file a cross motion asking for yours to be dismissed.

Calm down about it though. The likelihood of getting it is slim. Unless you agree to it at the conference it wont happen. He would have to have a good case for a change in custody and as many people on this forum have said its like a snowballs chance in hell.

Comment

Originally posted by rockscan View Post
      Well they cant file a response changing it. He would have to file a cross motion asking for yours to be dismissed.

Calm down about it though. The likelihood of getting it is slim. Unless you agree to it at the conference it wont happen. He would have to have a good case for a change in custody and as many people on this forum have said its like a snowballs chance in hell.

Thanks for the reply. I don’t handle stress well and now the next year or more or this isn’t going to be fun.

I won’t budge on anything. Agreement and access have worked for previous 4 years. He gets engaged and wants to take them away now? No way.

Comment

Just take a deep breath and take it day by day or week by week. Unless a judge orders it, its not going to happen.

Try to find some other outlet for your attention and energy. Letting your ex get to you is not worth it.

Comment

Just take a deep breath and take it day by day or week by week. Unless a judge orders it, its not going to happen.

Try to find some other outlet for your attention and energy. Letting your ex get to you is not worth it.

Your right. I am letting him get to me. The saddest part is this is all being encouraged by his fiancé. He would never of done this in his own. He didn’t even want the kids at all when we split. He moved to a new City in January and is sick of driving in to get them. And I am pretty sure her plan is to stay at home while he works. So if they have the kids they will Have more money. Thx for the talk.

Comment

Is there summary somewhere that explains why he shouldn't get shared custody?

Comment

Originally posted by Links17 View Post
              Is there summary somewhere that explains why he shouldn't get shared custody?

He lives in a different city 45 mins away. So how does that work? He doesn’t answer requests when asked for his opinion. They go ignored. Or when asked to enrol kids in their sports. He ignores. He makes them miss their tutoring classes and has no regard for the fact I already paid for it and our son needs it. He gets his fiancé to compose all his emails to me. Won’t speak to me in person without as he may say something she doesn’t agree with. And he gave me sole custody 4 years ago with not even one complaint. Uprooting the kids now would not be best for them How do we coparent when he doesn’t think the kids need help. Doesn’t think they need therapy. When school and dr. Recommended it ? I don’t know. Not sure how moving them would help the kids. Or sharing them spoils help the kids.

Comment

Unless hes prepared to move back to the area where the kids are it wont work.

Comment

Unless hes prepared to move back to the area where the kids are it wont work.

No his plan is to when them move to him.

Comment

Ya unless you’re murdering people in the house and allowing the kids to drink the blood, he cant win.

Stay calm and work through the process. Listen to your lawyer and ignore your ex.

Comment

Sounds like the new gf is really really threatened by you. Her taking control and focusing on you helps her to align with him. You become the common enemy which binds them together and helps distract them from looking at or dealing with any disfunction in their relationship. I wouldn’t accept any communication unless it came directly from your ex. She is not a party to your divorce and has no say in anything to do with your children.

Comment

Originally posted by Mom 2 Two View Post
                        I’m not sure how I feel about this as now it just gives them a heads up to fill out the correct papers. :-(...
                        The courts (and judges) like people to be reasonable. Your lawyer letting the other lawyer know, they filed the wrong papers, is a reasonable and professional action. If they didn't do this anyway, chances are, further down the road, a judge would just let your ex file the proper papers anyway (with more delay).

Comment

Originally posted by Stillbreathing View Post
                          Sounds like the new gf is really really threatened by you. Her taking control and focusing on you helps her to align with him. You become the common enemy which binds them together and helps distract them from looking at or dealing with any disfunction in their relationship. I wouldn’t accept any communication unless it came directly from your ex. She is not a party to your divorce and has no say in anything to do with your children.

I tried to be nice An include her in the beginning. I have had a partner for last 2.75 years. And then once she started taking over. I told her I know it’s not ex composing emails and I stopped responding. I said I will speak to him via the phone or in person. He is not aloud near me without her Presence. Sad thing is before her my ex came to the kids bday parties at my home with his family stop along with my partner being there and we all got along. Even let off fireworks all together. The kids loved this. Now he isn’t aloud to even come to the door to get them. She accompanies him in pickups and drop offs every time. I even met with the gf once for 2.5 hours trying to discuss the issues that have come to light since she had been around. This was at her request. Didn’t do a thing. My ex wood ignore texts and emails that I required answers to regarding the kids. Naturally I would get irritated and rude because he would never respond. Then he would forward the emails or texts to her and she would email me telling me to stop being hostile. :-/. Thanks for the response. And for seeing it my way as this is what I have thought all along.

Comment

Originally posted by dad2bandm View Post
                            The courts (and judges) like people to be reasonable. Your lawyer letting the other lawyer know, they filed the wrong papers, is a reasonable and professional action. If they didn't do this anyway, chances are, further down the road, a judge would just let your ex file the proper papers anyway (with more delay).

After calming down a bit , I believe what you are saying is correct. I just couldn’t see it this way at first. I thought why would she want to hurry the process of him taking my kids away. Lawyers response was, and why do I think he would be successful. ? So I am going to try to be positive and leave it in her hands and listen to lawyers advice. Thanks for the response.

Comment

That woman is your ex’s problem not yours. If she wants to be in control, let her but remember shes not in control of you. Getting custody to change when they live outside the habitual residence wont happen so she can try and be a mommy all she wants.

Just keep living your life, doing things according to your agreement and wait for the process to play out. Your ex and his gf are going to be sucked dry by their lawyer. Definitely keep costs in mind too because then if they lose they pay double!

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                              Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                              Working...
                              X